THE GAZE

By driving my car, which was like junk I went towards my destination. Benedict family home. Before leaving I had time to see Mr. Addison to convince himself if I was really allowed and as before he did intend to get me away from his building. 

Almost an hour's drive, maybe it's still thirty minutes away I'll be there or maybe more. Looking at me who started entering a street filled only with trees that was so amazing and creepy all at once. I really enjoyed this trip because it was so refreshing and exciting, it was a cure for my stress while in town. 

Moving on, I could now see such a magnificent house. A house with wood and blacks that was so deeply looked at. Gosh this house is similar to Edward Cullen's house in the Twilight movie if you want to know. Parked the car, I was now greeted by one of the family'sassistants. 

"Ms. Collen?" the questioning sentence that was so softly smuggling made me pull out such a sweet smile. 

"Yes, it's me." I replied by nodding my head and then gawking, seeing how vast the field with the trees so firmly surrounded the house. 

"If you're confused you can call me Maria or Old Lady, seeing my age is indeed old. Please come in, it just so happens that Mrs. Benedict is in the shower maybe you can wait for her in the living room. I'll go to prepare you a drink. I'm leaving."

After Maria left, I just washed my eyes by enjoying the splendor that existed and I could accidentally see the boy standing looking at me from the second floor. The look in his eyes was so sharp and cold. Even how could the boy give me such a cynical smile. Gosh don't say, I have to be the tenor of that kid. Hell, I got goosebumps just by seeing the bloody look of the petite man who had now re-entered his room, along with the arrival of such a beautiful Mrs. Benedict. 

"Are you waiting for me too long Ms. Collen?" 

"No Mrs. Benedict maybe even I just sat down." 

"Well, let's start with where our discussion is." 

"Maybe I'll give you some of my dossier, you may have to select me first to be accepted." For god's sake, I'm endlessly chanting prayers. 

"Don't have to, even without looking at your file I can immediately accept you" she said, which made me startled. 

"Ma'am, you have to look at my dossier first, I'm afraid you will have high expectations with me." 

"Don't force me Ms. Collen, I know which one is appropriate for my child and which one is not." 

The silence was too frantic. I can't think clearly, this is too easy. I think some of the people who previously signed up here said Mrs. Benedict was a tricky person. But now, how can I be accepted so confidently. I kept wondering until Maria came back with two warm chocolates and some bread that was so appetizing. 

"Here's the drink, I'll go to the back if Ms. Collen and madam need anything, just tell me." And you know, before Maria left, with my eyes I could see Mrs. Benedict staring intently at her as well as the boy who came out and gave me a shake of the head. For a while what is this, let's pray that my sanity will last a long time during my stay in this house. 

"Please enjoy the drinks, maybe Maria give this hot chocolate because it's raining soon" hearing that I then turned my gaze to look at the crystal-clear stretch of glass with a dark cloud painting out there. That's right, there will be rain in a while.

"It seems that luck is on my side. So, I was able to get here before it rained, it would be so terrible through the rain with this kind of situation" I said trying to break the ice. 

"Yes, you are right." 

"Mrs. Benedict, may I know about your child?" I started to ask thatquestions because I saw the surrounding atmosphere was getting quiet and also the little boy was still looking at me from up there. 

"Oh, it just so happened that she was away with her father. You can see her picture on the wall there. She's so beautiful, isn't she? She's six years old and from next week she'll start following home schooling which is why I need a tenor who will help her as well. 

Now I felt the hot chocolate I was holding turned into a freezing freeze that was so electrifying. Wait so the boy up there who. The child who is now showing such a pitiful look. 

"Oh, what's the name of your daughter ma'am?" 

"Antonella Benedict, she was the only child of this family. Because, I was difficult to get pregnant before, then my husband with his understanding did not force me to do the pregnancy program again." 

Damn it, this woman seems to know what I want to ask. With a friendly attitude as a professionalism I also said. "She was so beautiful as her mother" and only answered with the whims of this interlocutor of mine. 

"Do you want to tidy up your things first Ms. Collen, maybe my husband and daughter will be home in a few more hours, it's good if you take a break and tidy up your things first. I'll take you." 

Slowly my feet began to climb the stairs that were so dark with walls filled with family photographs and also some paintings that were so confusing. 

"This is your room. Up here are two rooms, your room and also the black door are a library. If you're in the mood to read you can go there, so you don't have to hesitate with anything in this house. Do what you want to do. I'll be down, it's good for you to rest soon."

"Well Mrs. Benedict, thank you for grabbing me so warmly".

Opening the door, I started dragging my suitcase and lay this down onto such a soft mattress. I thought about who the boy was and what was behind the walls of this library intrigued me. Exhaling my breath,I chose to close my eyes for a moment, I didn't deny the trip this morning made me tired.