waking up

----Zak's pov

I didn't know darkness was this comforting. It is in between, not too hot, not too cold. It felt easy to give in and go, but something pulled me back in. I heard murmurs, as if someone was talking to me through Syrup. I heard voices, I couldn't tell who's voice it was. I felt touches on my stomach, where I was just recently stabbed. Or was it recently? I can't tell anything. It just felt like I was lost in a void with no escape. I felt a pinging feeling of sadness. I missed everyone. My loving mother and her sweet voice. Puffy, Dream,George and the others. The person who I missed the most was Bad, I had the feeling I had done enough damage and it would be my fault if he didn't come back. I wanted to give in, but I knew I had to pull myself out of this for my mother. I couldn't cry, scream or even talk. It felt like I was suffering for what I did, and for all I knew, this is how I would go.

----------- 3 weeks later

The same feelings erupted in their normal times. Sadness. Guilt. Loneliness. But something else happened. The warmth turned hot and hotter. The light came blinding. For the first time it became unbearable. I felt hands on my stomach, Booming voices. None of the ones that sounded similar to the one in the void. For once, I wanted the darkness back. But then, one voice stuck out, it sounded like the voice in the syrupy void. I could faintly make out the person with the voice. It was Bad. " GEPPY! YOUR ALIVE!" He said. I could barely see him but I could definitely tell he was crying. I tried to speak but I didn't have the vocal strength to do so. I just let a small whine escape from my mouth and felt my head go to the side. I guess I was wrong, he came back. I smiled faintly and let myself drift to sleep, to go onto the road to recovery. And maybe I could apologize for everything I said and did.

-------The next day

I woke up not feeling tired at all. I felt someone next to me. I looked over to see bad sleeping next to me, curled up next to me. I lifted up my arm a little enough to touch him. The touch made his eyes shoot open. His emerald eyes looked at me with caution,looking for a sign of hatred. I pulled myself closer to Bad. I rested my head against his chest. He wrapped his arms around me. I could tell he was trying not to start crying again. I managed to softly whisper "I'm so-so-so sorry Bad..." He pulled me closer, "No geppy...I should be the one who's sorry...I should've guarded you. I should've been stabbed, not you. I-i-i-I'm s-" He started sobbing, harder than what I heard from the time I woke up from a little bit.

 I put pieces together, He blames himself for all this happening. I could've screamed for help or something, but I didn't, I froze in fear, the one thing my father taught me not to do. "Bad, this is not your fault I could have asked for help or defended myself" Bad looked at me cleaning his tears. "But- if I would have stayed, you wouldn't have been stabbed," I smiled. "If it wasn't for you I would be dead," he smiles back and hugs me tightly. "Ok Bad, could we go eat something, you look hungry" he nods. He helped me stand up and we went to the kitchen. "Bad?" I had to ask if my mother was ok, since shlatt said he was going to kill her and me for the crown.

 "Yes, skeppy?" I stopped walking. "Is my mother alright? Where is shlatt did he manage to kill her? Did you manage to kill him? " He grabbed my hand and I looked up at him. "She is ok, maybe sleeping, and shlatt... let's say he can't bother anybody else and well I would have done that too if they tried to hurt my mother" Bad told me smiling. "Bb you saved your mother-in-law," Bad turns red and looks the other way. I looked away to see my mother in the corner of my eye. I dropped bads hand and looked at mother. He looked at me and noticed mother. I ran up to mother and basically tackled her. She hugged me as tight as she could and started sobbing. "My boy your alive!" She wailed. I felt another pair of hands around me and glanced back to see bad joining the hug. Jealous Boy... I thought as I looked back at my mom.