Fears

Zak's pov.

"We are n-" we said at the same time looking at Caroline or Cara, one of the guards that I heard Bad called her Poofy or Puffy. "Well what are you doing here prince." asked Clay, another guard, "was it to see DaRrYl~'' I saw how Bad looked at Clay and started to drink water.

 I looked at Clay this time. I just smiled and answered "Yea." As soon as Bad heard that the water in his mouth spit out and he started coughing. "Well thanks, Bad now I have to change" Cara stood up and left. I started laughing then I stood up and tapped Bad's shoulder and whispered to him "I wanna go to the tree house tonight," he looked at me pointed at the king and whispered back "The king has a request tonight maybe after 12 pm tomorrow? If you want." I nodded and walked back to my room. I layed in bed looking at the ceiling "Am so bored," "I bet the king didn't tell him anything," "I could just order him to help me." I sat up and looked at the balcony. "How did he even go up 5 floors...jumping? There are no trees close to my balcony, no one can do that is impossible" just as I thought about it made less sense to me and hurt my brain.

 I thought of everything that could be possible, he could have powers, he could be a high jumper that isn't in the records...but they didn't make any sense. Even a high jumper can't jump 5 floors. I zoned out thinking about that next time I was held in his arms. I felt myself burning and there was a knock at my door. "Who is it?" no one responded. That was weird, people usually responded. "Anyone there?" I asked, getting nervous. I was about to open the door when I heard some noises coming from the balcony. I grabbed something to defend myself with and walked to the balcony. There was no one "That's weird I heard something here" I thought to myself as I looked. down I noticed something down below but I couldn't make it out.

 It was a dark figure with horns and a long tail even if he was far far away, I heard it stomping towards something but I couldn't see or make out what it was going after. That thing was about 9 foot tall. I was shocked. I had no idea how to feel. I closed my eyes for a sec but when I looked again it was no longer visible. I gasped for air. I had been holding my breath without noticing then it started raining but there were no clouds. " Are you ok...? " I heard someone ask behind me so I swung around ready to fight when I saw bad/Darryl standing there with a concerned look plastered on his face. He had his guard gear on a little crooked but I didn't say anything about it. "You should be sleeping, Skeppy, what are you doing here?" I looked him straight in the eyes.

 I opened my mouth to say something but stopped, then I tried again but nothing came out.

 "I will be here at 12, go to sleep, you look tired." I sat in my bed still shocked. My eyes followed Bad who was waiting for me to sleep. "Bad I will tell you something tomorrow, ok? He nods and leaves the room. Everything was silent and all I could hear was the rain. I couldn't sleep, I was scared. "What if that thing comes back," I looked at my door. I knew Bad had the night shift to look over me. Maybe I could talk to him but my fear didn't leave my body, making me feel paralyze. I stayed still looking at the ceiling and back at the balcony. 

My fears of standing up and getting killed by a demon were high. I was always scared of demons, monsters, actually anything that had to do with stories you tell in the dark to make your friends scared. I stood up and walked to the door as fast as I could and opened the door. "Bad-" He looked back at me concerned. "Skeppy, are you really ok? Do you need help with anything." tears came down my cheeks. 

I had so much fear I couldn't stop sobbing. Why did Bad make me feel safe like I was gonna be ok if he was next to me. He hugs me, making me feel even safer.'

-----------------( 3 minutes past)

I stopped sobbing a minute ago but didn't stop hugging him. It felt warm. "Skeppy tell me what happened please." I brought him to my room. If people saw this they would tell the king and he would have his head cut off. "I'm afraid-" I was about to cry again but held my tears back. "Of what Skeppy? I will try to help you ok," His voice calmed, making me calm as well. "I saw a demon"

(843 words considerate voting)