A bad feeling

Zak's pov.

      I woke up some hours later. It was still night, the sun was not out yet the stars, and the moon were the only things that made my room bright. I looked around and saw that Bad was not in the room anymore. Maybe he was at the door. I was hungry and wanted to talk to Bad but instead of Bad in my door it was Cara, "Oh hey prince Zak, Bad was feeling sick and told me to cover for him" I nodded, making my way down the hallway to the kitchen. I needed a late night snack. The hallways were dark but there were guards on almost every door. 

      I got to the kitchen, there were still a lot of people in it but they were mostly chefs. "Hey prince Zak," George said sitting next to a sleeping Clay. "Is Daryl ok? Cara told me he was not feeling well" I sat in front of George and Clay. "Didn't he tell you the king sent him on a life or death mission alone." As soon as he said that my eyes widened I was getting nervous he could be dead by now and I haven't talked to him why didn't he tell me.

      He drank some coffee and continued, "If he makes it alive he must be really powerful." He looked at me and noticed my expression. "Omg prince I didn't know he was your friend I-" I cut him off. "No, it's ok I will go back to my room." All my hunger disappeared. I could feel a lot of pain in my stomach. It hurts so bad I have to go back to my room . I walked as fast as I could to my room. I slammed the door shut and sat down and started sobbing into my arms. Why would my dad do that...? And why did Clay say "If he makes it out alive, he must be powerful?" My mind raced at the thought of Bad being dead and that made me sob even more. I heard a knock on my door and I stood and opened it.

      It was Cara. She could see me sobbing and hugged me. "I'm sorry," I cried. My head didn't stop thinking about Bad. " I think he is ok, why do you think the king sent him alone," I stopped hugging her, I cleaned my tears and smiled. A smile that was not from happiness but anger. Anger at my father, if Bad died and didn't come back in a week. I would not let him live for long. Cara looked at me as I looked at my fathers room. "The king doesn't have the fault he didn't know he was your friend." I didn't hear anything else from her.

      I was concentrating on my fathers room. I thought of many ways on how to kill him, and how to do it so he suffers for making my friend die a suffering death of a mission. I saw Cara leaving as she was tired of being ignored. "Sorry" I whispered but she couldn't hear me. "Bad, please be ok" I went inside my room whispering the same thing over and over. I sat in bed. "Why didn't he tell me?" I lay down in my bed, hugged a pillow and went to sleep. I knew what I had to do. I had to kill my father for revenge. Only if bad was there to make me feel better I could forget all the bad things I was thinking about. I rolled around and eventually felt my eyelids become too heavy to stay awake so I fell asleep.

------------- Roughly 4 hours or more later

I woke up still a little groggy. It took me a while before remembering what happened yesterday. Father. The feeling that I had about killing him was growing. I was angry, I had a lot of plans that I wanted to write. Maybe he will see it coming if I am not careful. I got ready to look for Bad again but he was nowhere in the kitchen. I made sure no one saw me go into the kitchen and grab a knife. When I grabbed the knife I hid it under my shirt and made my way back into my room.

 I rummaged through everything in my cabinet for sleeping pills. I planned to do the job in a week. The feeling of getting revenge and seeing his blood was becoming stronger and stronger, I couldn't shake the feeling and wait, my mind wanted to do it now. I snapped out of it when I heard someone talking about Bad. I stopped walking and put my head in the door. I heard Cara say "There is no way Bad can survive the assignment the king gave him, but there is news that he did it..I don't buy it though." My eyes widen I knew exactly what I had to do