002. metamorphosis

Start from the beginning

"Lord knows you need it." I nod and he quickly flips me off before heading over to Sage.

"Brianna, right?" The dark haired girl holds out her hand.

"That I am." I shake it.

"Lana Lang. Miles was just telling me you moved here a few days ago."

"I did."

"For a second I thought he was your brother."

"Oh, no. Thank God." I exhale and she chuckles.

"I saw you out on the field with Miles. You were very good. And letting him win was very generous you."

"Finally, someone who loves and appreciates me." I wrap my arm around Lana. "Thank you, Lana."

"My pleasure." Lana laughs. "You painting the benches?"

"And apparently playing in person eHarmony." I nod as I look at Sage and Miles, making Lana laugh again.

"You know Clark?" She turns to him.

"Oh, he's here?" I look right at Clark.

"Funny." Clark retorts.

"Great comeback." I raise my eyebrows.

"I wouldn't wanna hit a nerve."

"You are just by standing here."

"Well, you're welcome to leave anytime. Like right now." Clark mocks a grin.

"Wow, you know, that actually hurt, Kent." I nod as I hold my chest. "You know, you just got me thinking. Maybe I should cut you some slack. Be a better person."

"Really?"

"Yeah." I slightly frown. "I mean, sometimes I wish I was a nicer person, but then I laugh and continue my day." I give him a cheeky smile and he narrows his eyes at me.

"Hey, there." A man heads over.

"Mister Kent, this is Brianna Brady. She just moved here a few days ago. She's best friends with Miles." Lana informs.

"What a fine name. Hello, Brianna. I'm Jonathan Kent, Clark's father." He holds out his hand.

"Pleasure." I shake it.

"He's mentioned you quite a few times."

"Now my day is ruined."

"Agreed." Clark sends me a glare.

"He tells me you two are lab partners. Helping him get his grade up?" Jonathan goes on.

"Not by choice, unfortunately. But luckily, we finished our report yesterday." I tell him.

"Luckily." Clark nods.

"I see." Jonathan scoffs. "So, do we have a verdict? Did my son pass?"

"On paper, solid B+. To me, could use a lot more work. Like that sweater and that jacket. And everything else." I nod at Clark.

"Yeah, I'll totally take your advice. Get right on it." Clark nods back.

"Good. No time like the present. Like The Talented Mister Ripply went off his meds and became his other personality." I grimace and Jonathan laughs. I then see him quickly look away and clear his throat.

"So, Brianna, uh, how are you liking Smallville?" Jonathan turns back.

"Not enough information gathered yet." I nod and Lana chuckles.

"Well, I hope you get all the information you need." He scoffs. "It's a great town. Here." He holds out an apple to me.

"I'm allergic, but thank you." I tell him.