34 : Rewind then FastForward [h.s]

Start from the beginning

She stared back at me with thoughtful eyes, worry full in her green orbs. Everything I felt for her was too complicated to explain. Staring back at her made it more real and reminded me that the feelings were there and alive. The need to kiss her full pink lips filled every part of me. I wanted her to know that I was okay and she need not to worry, but more importantly, I wanted to tell or show Ella what I felt for her. It was one hundred percent real and wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

I smiled and instantly, her face twisted in confusion.

"You've got a little whipped cream on your face," I lied, my smile growing wider. Her cheeks turned a light shade of pink.

I pointed to a spot on my face to signal her where the whipped cream supposedly was. Frowning, Ella wiped the spot. I broke out into laughter again for effect, shaking my head. "No, no. It's still there, love!" I lied once again.

Getting frustrated, she used the collar of her shirt to wipe her entire mouth. My laughter died down after she did so. The calm expression on her face returned, her hands now placed by her sides. I wanted to fall out into laughter again. I managed to contain myself.. My next few words would definitely piss her off. It didn't matter, though, for it all held a purpose.

"It's still there," I heard myself say.

Her eyes widened and she groaned. "Then you come wipe it off!" Ella yelled.

I took that as my signal and stepped forward. "Gladly," I said softly. Ella watched me as I approached her slowly and gradually. This was the moment I'd been waiting for. I've never wanted to kiss anyone as much as I wanted to kiss her. Now, I was just moments away from doing so.

I stopped when she was just inches away from myself. Her breathing was ragged and I could tell she was nervous. I stared down at her lips and with my thumb, I gently rubbed her bottom lip. I looked at her and searched her face for some kind of reaction. She stood still, watching my every move closely. I removed my thumb. "It's dried whipped cream. You need to lick it off." My fourth and final lie.

Her mouth flew open as if she aimed to do so, but had a second thought. I assumed she didn't want to since I stood so close. "Thanks," Ella mumbled.

I laughed. "Here, let me help." With that, I leaned in close to her, till our noses touched. The both of us titled our heads slightly once we felt the contact.

I wanted her to want this, to want me just as much as I did and the only way I knew how was to tease her. I grazed my lips against hers and that was enough to make me want more of her, to lose control. I knew she felt it, too, for the low grumble that sounded in her throat made it all clear. My plan worked. My lips brushed against hers once more and a small smile found its way to my lips. Ella took notice of this and her face twisted into annoyance.

"You're such an a**hole, Haz," Ella mumbled, her hand making its way to the back of my neck. In a matter of seconds, her lips crashed onto mine and every feeling awakened inside of me. Her lips were soft and felt like they were made just for me as our lips moved together in a rhythmic motion. It was deep, passionate, and nothing I've felt before.

Nothing else mattered in this moment. Not the trouble I'd gotten in recently or the fact everyone was just outside the door, going on about their lives, completely oblivious to what was going on in this room. In that moment, I believed she was the one. The road we'd have to take will be a long one, but as long as Ella was right beside me walking it, everything will be fine.

Tossing my thoughts aside, I rested my hands on her waist, lifting her shirt up slightly and embraced the softness of her skin. I grabbed her gently and brought our bodies closer. I continued tracing alongside her waist, making her body tremble with my touch. She ran her fingers through my hair. We continued to kiss endlessly and the need to gasp for air was simply not an option. I didn't want her lips to depart from mine.