Chp.15 A Sad Passing

-PLAY THEME SONG-

-AUTHOR POV-

As we left off....Lee convinced Kenny to stop the train...and go say his final words to Duck...as his final moments come to an end...as he stopped it, Ken and Lee got off...as everyone else as well...they gathered around...and Kat holding Duck, as he looked more terrible...

Katjaa: Ken...I think...it's time.

Kenny had nothing to say nor make an excuse of it no more....he then tells Chuck...

Kenny: The boys been but in case you haven't figured out?

Chuck: I hear.

Lee: ...What do you need?

Kenny: ...I-I...

Katjaa: It's time to....it's not possible.

Kenny: So, what are we going to do??

Katjaa: I know one thing for sure...we cannot allow him to turn into those things.

Kenny: But, what if...what if he doesn't? What-

Katjaa: Ken, I love you very much, I love our son more than life itself, I need you to hear me, what you're saying, he may not turn is foolish.

Kenny: But-

Katjaa: No.

Kenny: There's...c-come on Kat!

Katjaa: Just name it, and let me know.

Kenny: I-I mean, isn't there some kind of pill? Or something to give him? O-Or drift him off to sleep, right hon? ...*gets emotional* I mean...Jesus! This is our son!

Katjaa: I know! But, it's either here *points at head* Or nothing.

Kenny: W-Well...fuck then...who? You...want me to?!

Katjaa: You don't have to.

Kenny: Y-Yeah...I'll do it!

Katjaa: No, you don't have to honey.

Kenny: K-Katjaa fuck...i-I can do it!

Katjaa: You can't...I love you Ken, but this is beyond you.

Lee: ...I'll do it...no parent should have do something like this.

Kenny: ...Lee's right Kat...we can say our goodbyes...and that be it.

Katjaa: Lee...you'd be doing this family a great service...so, why don't we take him to the forest, so Clem and (YN) don't have to see.

Kenny: ...Yeah.

Katjaa: Give us a moment Lee.

Lee: Of course

Katjaa then picks up Duck and holds him, as she and Ken walk through the forest, taking Duck there and to say their final goodbyes to him before putting him to an end and not letting him turn into a walker...
.
.
.
As they do, Clem got close to (YN), and holding his hand...

Clementine: What's happening?

(YN): I think...Duck's dying.

Clementine: ...Oh.

(YN): It's okay Clem...we won't be able..to see him...turn into him...

Clementine: ...Yeah.

Lee approaches to them...

Clementine: Lee, what are you gonna do...?

Lee: ...I'm going to make sure he's okay

(YN): But how? He's bitten.

Lee: ...By making sure he didn't come back.

..
.
.
A loud gunshot was heard...and a yell...

Kenny: NO!!!

Lee: What the?! Stay here you two! Ben take them in the train!

Lee rushes through the woods to find Kenny and Kat...and as he spots them...he then was stumbled upon something he never thought he'd seen...Katjaa on the floor dead, head blasted by the gun she was holding, Kenny emotionally crying for her...and Duck sitting to a tree...near close to turn...

Kenny: K-Katjaa! No!! Wh-Why....o-oh god why! Fucking god...!

Lee: ...Oh my god...

But Ken can mourn for Kat later on...as all he can do, is give her a kiss, close her eyes, grab the gun...and to look at to his son...and to end him...with Lee on his side...

Kenny: ...What do we do?

Lee: ....Give me the gun Ken, I'll do it.

Kenny stood quiet, and to give the gun to Lee....Lee then approaches to Duck closer...and slowly aiming the gun at his head...and to then shoot him straight to it, and ending him for good. Lee lowers the gun down, and to see Kenny break down into tears, and to drop onto his knees, crawling up to Duck, hugging him...Lee approaches to Ken, to slowly grab him away from Duck...as Kenny had no choice but to keep moving...

Kenny: ...Katjaa...D-Duck...!

Lee: It's alright man...it's alright....let's go.

With that said, Lee and Kenny walk back to the Train...and to make their way still to Savannah....
.
.

-END OF CHAPTER 15-