62

November 26th
-

The blondes smile is captivating.

Shining bright as ever, his eyes shining in the light.

"Liam, cmon! Your so slow!"

He grumbles out in annoyance.

He runs back to where he came from, grabbing onto Liam's hand.

"I'm coming honey, calm down."

The blonde grins.

Time seems to be in slow motion as diamond eyes meet the deep blues of Colby's.

Sam gives him a small smile, lifting his hand to wave at him.

Colby blinks slowly, jumping heavily as the passenger door slams shut.

"Fuck, can you slam it any harder?"

Colby gapes, clutching his heart.

"Sorry brother-.."

Colby glances back at the blonde a smile stretching across his face.

Sam covers his mouth as he laughs into it, laughing at the small scare Colby had.

The raven haired male stood next to Sam notices his sudden laughter.

Sighing as he spots Colby, he gently grabs his hand redirecting him to turn down the driveway.

Colby could only guess they've just came back from a walk.

"So.. Sam."

Jake leans against Colby, his arm resting on his shoulder.

"Hmm?"

Colby removes his gaze from where the blonde was once stood.

"What's he been up to? Why don't we invite him over?"

Jake questions.

A smile forms on his face at the thought of a 3 way hang out.

Colby sighs deeply.

"Y'know I can't do that, remember?"

He mutters quietly.

Jake hums recalling their conversation.

"Yeah, yeah I remember, you fucked then dropped."

Colby scoffs brushing his arm off of him.

"It's not like that."

Jake hums, trailing behind the boy.

"Then why'd you two stop talking?"

The brunette grumbles.

He doesn't want to talk about it, let alone think about it.

The whole point of hanging with Jake was to get his mind off of it.

"Huh? Why?" Jake pushes.

"Because it was for the best, Jake." He murmurs.

"You guys love each other and shit so why split ways?"

Colby sighs deeply.

Getting to the top of the stairs he turns to Jake.

"I don't want to explain it, Jake,"

Jake gives him a look that tells him he won't stop asking until he gets an answer.

"He's got a guy already, Jake. I told him to take time away to think,"

Colby begins with a deep sigh, turning back around to continue his way to his room.

"I asked him to spend the last of Liam's days here with him, get his thoughts and feelings straight and do whatever he needs to do."

"Told him to take a few weeks or so after he's gone to focus on himself before letting me know what he chose to do, whether that be staying with Liam or me."

Jake nods along with his words.

He tosses his bag of clothes onto the ground

"Not to be the bearer of bad news, but I think by the looks of it he chose Liam."

Colby frowns at him.

"I know.."

"I'm sorry brother,"

Colby shrugs, watching his friend make himself at home on the couch.

"But, how're you holding up? What's your thoughts on all of it?"

Colby blows a raspberry as he lets out a heavy sigh.

"As I told Sam, I'll learn to be happy with whatever he chooses, being if he truly does love Liam and wants to be with him still I'll be fine as long as he's happy in the end,"

"Right now, however, I'm obviously not the happiest, it sucks.. hurts me to know that we shared something that meant the world to me only for him to be gone again and possibly never even have again."

Jake frowns at his words.

Hearing how sad he sounds makes him sad himself.

"I miss him.. but I think what we're doing is for the best, I wish I hadn't rushed into things so quickly, but it is what it is and I don't completely hate it. I just, I miss him so fucking much."

Jake hums.

"I'm sorry man, I'm sure you two will still be friends even if he chooses Liam."

Jake tries to comfort his friend.

Colby shakes his head, putting down his attempted reassurance.

"I don't think I'd be able to not be more than that. If we're friends I'll only continue to cause problems with their relationship. If we can't be together I don't think we can ever be friends.. as much as it sucks to say, I really don't think I can handle myself."

It falls silent between the two.

"Well- there definitely is a huge chance he chooses you! Would he really have sex with you to just never see you again? I mean he has days to figure it out and-"

"Thanks, Jake, really, but just drop it please. I don't want to think about it anymore, let's play a game or something."

Jake says nothing more but nods once, reaching out to the table infront of him and grabbing a controller.

The brunette sighs, grabbing one of his own.

He really doesn't have a chance, does he?