10

June 5th
-

Sam lays on his side in his bed, his legs bent up to his chest as he hugs his knees.

His phone rings as he calls his boyfriend for the third time getting no answer each time.

Choking back a sob as it takes him to voicemail he lets it go through this time hearing the beep at the end of the message.

"Liam pl'ease.." he hiccups choking back a sob "answer my texts an- and calls.. I-" a sob cuts him off.

"I miss you!" he cries out clutching onto his legs harder beginning to sob.

"Pl-please" he chokes out "I-i get you may be busy.. but, I miss you so- so much, y'ou haven't spoken to me much since you've left and," he sniffles.

"And we promised each other to make time for us,"

He closes his eyes tight allowing himself to calm himself a bit.

"And, baby, our anniversary is tomorrow," his voice goes high as it cracks "you'll make time for me then, right?"

He pauses taking a few seconds and he takes in deep breaths.

"I-i just want to hear your voice, at-at least a text.. I-i really do miss you, I hope for a call tomorrow, at-at least an hour, okay baby?" he whispers "remember you promised me you'd do a house tour, and, a dinner date over facetime."

He lets out a small giggle wiping his reddened nose.

"Please, please do this for me babe, I can't go any longer without hearing anything from you, I'm getting worried" he lets out a small sigh.

"Whenever you call or text me you will get an immediate response, okay?" he smiles "I've got nothing going on, my schedule is all clear and full of free time, you know that I'm not a busy person.." he lets out a sigh.

"I wish to hear from you.. I love you, please call as soon as you listen to this.. love you, hope your having fun at your new place."

He lifts his hand and hitting the red button ending his voicemail, it going silent in his room allowing all his emotions to build in him, his eyes filling with tears once again.

He lets out a big sob bringing his hands up to cover his eyes as he turns on his back.

-
Colby happily jogs his way down the street once it's cleared from any cars, approaching the white house on the other side.

He comes up to the door and brings his fist up tapping his knuckles against the hard surface before reaching over and pressing the doorbell three times before stepping back and waiting for the door to be answered.

The door is soon opened and he's greeted with Cindy "oh, hi dear, what brings you here?" she smiles.

Colby smiles "Hey, er is Sam home? I was hoping to hang out with him" he asks with an excited smile, wanting to hang out with the boy again in hopes of getting closer with the blonde, seeing himself getting along greatly with the smaller boy.

"Oh, of course! come on in, he's up in his room, you can go right on up" she smiles stepping aside for the younger boy.

"Thank you so much" he steps inside before heading up the stairs remembering where the room is located.

Knocking on the door he awaits for an answer "one second!" Colby smiles waiting patiently for the boy to open the door.

After a few seconds the door is soon opened "oh- hi Colby" Sam smiles gently at the boy before walking away, Colby following him in.

"Hey, I thought you'd be more excited to see me" Colby pouts gently poking his side from behind making Sam bend his upper half towards his finger in a flinching matter, letting a smile spread across his face as a small laugh escapes his lips, the touch tickling him.

"Well, I'm sorry, I didn't know you were coming today" Sam says finding himself back in his bed.

"Well, hello! I'm here!" he grins jumping on the bed infront of him, sitting criss cross and Sam smiles.

"Hi!" Sam says back in the same excited tone making Colby chuckle.

"So, what have you been up to? I've been cleaning and packing all week" Colby grumbles with a roll of his eyes.

"Nothing at all" Sam says back "oh what? your telling me your sitting in your room all day, in summer?"

Sam hums shrugging his shoulders "well of course, its hot outside rather than in here" Colby smiles gently poking his stomach.

"Stop that" he laughs "c'mon, for real, you did nothing?" Sam nods.

"Doesn't mean we can't do something fun" Sam shrugs glancing down at his phone as it lights up.

"Wha- hey! give that back!" Sam gasps as Colby takes it.

"Oh c'mon, just let me see."

"No! who is it?!" he gasps stumbling off his bed as Colby stands up when he reaches for his phone.

"What's your password" Colby groans.

"C'mon Colby, stop that, give it back" Sam frowns, not liking his actions, wanting his conversation with other people to be his privacy and the others.

"Oh c'mon, I just want some inside on a relationship Sammy, I need to spice up the end of my week" Colby says punching in random sets of numbers on the screen.

"What?!" Sam gasps snatching his phone out of his hands seeing a new text from his boyfriend and he gasps jumping on his bed and rushing to unlock his phone.

"Colby what the hell?! you locked me out!!" he exclaims seeing the countdown "well you should've told me it" Colby huffs plopping back on the bed, laying on his back.

"Why so excited it's him, huh? What are you two talking about?" he teasingly asks.

"Oh, shush it" Sam huffs out turning on his phone to see a few more seconds left.

"Hm? what are you talking about?" Sam rolls his eyes.

"Nothing Colby, we haven't talked today" Sam answers.

"Ah, I see" Colby smiles seeing the smile on his face and he shuffles so he's laying on his stomach his chin resting on Sam's knee.

"So, what did he say?" he asks.

"Stay out of my business" Sam says finally being able to type in his passcode "ugh fine" Colby smiles rolling onto his back so he's laying next to Sam instead, looking up at the ceiling.

"Well, tell me about him, your relationship. I'd like to hear the reason why your so happy to hear from him, besides the fact he's your boyfriend" Colby smiles after a beat of silence.

He turns his head to look at Sam only to furrow his brows seeing his smile has dropped.

"Oh, what happened?" he asks, lifting himself up to be sitting up "hm?" Sam hums in question looking up at the boy with less joyful eyes the growing tears able to be seen.

"What did he say?" Colby asks worried for his new friend "oh, nothing, he just said hey" Sam smiles reassuringly looking back down at his phone before turning it off.

"So, what do you want to do? I've got games, both on tv and board games, or we could talk, though I don't think we have much more to talk about since we got to know each other last time" Sam says, standing up.

"Oh.. okay well, you can choose" Colby says with a small smile sensing the change in emotion deciding to let Sam have his wishes of not wanting to speak upon it, already knowing he's pushed his boundaries a little too much for trying to snoop on his phone.

--

Liam <3

got ur message and I'm sorry, been really busy, txt u later ily.

oh.. well can't we talk for a little longer? I'd like to know what you've been up to

can't talk. busy.

but Liam we never talk anymore! please just a few more minutes!!
delivered.