9

"Come down! Dinners done!" Cindy's voice shouts up the stairs.

Sam grumbles hoisting himself up from his laying position on the bed, Colby chuckles softly and stands up as well.

Leaving the room they're met with the three walking out of Ben's room.

Making their way down Colby and Gage fall behind the three siblings "so? how was it?" Gage asks gently nudging Colby and he shrugs.

"Fine, he's cool" he answers honestly, his brother humming along "not looking forward to this dinner though" he adds, Gage agreeing.

Letting the three take their seats first, Gage and Colby fill the last two, Colby taking the one next to Sam.

The table falls silent on the teens side despite answering the questions that the adults ask them.

"Oh, uh I'm Sam" Sam speaks once Colbys mother asks for his name, the blonde speaking hesitantly not wanting the new family to recognize him as the boy who basically trespassed into their home.

His hopes being crushed as the women speaks with a small gasp "oh! your that boy, right?" she says, Sam chewing on the inside of his cheek nervously.

"You were in our home when we arrived" she speaks, clearing up her question realizing how vague it was.

Sighing in defeat he nods slowly not looking forward to explaining to his mother what she means later.

"Yes.. I'm so sorry for that, I didn't realize you guys were moving in so soon" he says not realizing the house was only going to be empty for such a short period of time.

"That's okay son, it was no big deal" Robert says with a smile.

Sam nods, giving them a small smile before the attention is diverted from him and there's multiple mini conversations by everyone.

"That's where I seen you from, I thought I was going crazy" Colby chuckles softly looking at the blonde who sit to the left of him Sam giggles nervously.

"Well I didn't want to bring it up, besides I didn't even know you were there so I thought you just didn't know."

"What? you ran into me, I suppose you didn't really look at me before running away, though" he explains with a soft chuckle.

"I believe my parents told me it was your boyfriends house?" Sam's heart drops at the mention of his boyfriend.

"Oh, yes, it was" Colby smiles.

"That's sick, you didn't tell me you were dating anyone when we were talking, where's he gone?"

Sam giggles softly at the supportive boy "I don't want to talk about it, I'm sorry, I just, really do miss him, I'm trying to forget about it."

Colby gives him a comforting smile knowing the boy is going through a long distance relationship.

"Okay, well I'm here whenever you wanna talk, yeah? I'm sure just talking about happy moments will calm you better, besides you guys still text and call, yeah?"

Sam lets out a shakey breath grabbing his glass of water "yeah.. I do" he mumbles before taking a drink, wishing for the conversation to take a turn in topic not wanting to speak upon his slowly dying relationship.

9:45pm
-

"Gage! Colby, let's go!" Robert calls up the stairs, calling his boys down to head back home, their visit ending.

"Aw, your going already?" Sam pouts already growing the liking of Colby, loving the company as he hadn't had company since Liam's move.

"Yeah, I guess so" Colby smiles softly as he stands up from his bed.

"Well, couldn't you stay? It is summertime."

"Oh, Sam, I'd love to, really, but I did just move in didn't I?"

Sam scoffs "yeah! like four days ago!"

Colby chuckles softly as he pulls on his left shoe "well, then I'm days into procrastinating, I've got to unpack still."

"Okay, fine" Sam laughs softly, Colby smiles going to the door.

"I take it you'd like to hang out another time then?" he asks and Sam smiles shyly.

"Kinda.." he trails off and Colby chuckles.

"Of course, I'll let you know when I'm done unpacking, okay?" Sam nods waving him off.

"Goodbye" Colby hums "have a nice night" he says before stepping out and shutting the door, heading downstairs and back home before coming to realization.

How will he let him know? He never got his number..