38

October 20th
-

The suns light leaks through Sams window.

He frowns looking over seeing as the sun is indeed coming up.

He grumbles pulling a pillow over his head and letting out a frustrated yell.

Why did Colby have to say that?

It's been running through his head all night.

His mind filled with many many thoughts causing him to not be able to sleep with his running mind.

He throws the covers off his body and forces himself out of bed.

He gathers an outfit for later when he goes out for breakfast with his family.

He goes into his bathroom and shuts the door behind him deciding to take a shower.

Soon he comes out of his bedroom as his mother calls for him and his siblings.

The family of five make their way out of the house.

Sam comes up with a silent agreement to himself of ignoring the two boys today.

He plans on just focusing on his day with his family.

He doesn't need the relationship drama today.

-
They had gotten breakfast and had gone to a few stores nearby the restaurant just having simple family conversations including the bickering of him and his siblings.

"Sam, honey, your phone has been going crazy all morning, aren't you gonna answer it?" Cindy says, looking back at him from the front seat.

He shakes his head "mh' I dunno who it is, a random number keeps calling" he shrugs.

He's fully aware of who it is.

"Sam," Sam looks over at Ben who sits next to him, in the middle "it's Colby."

Sam looks down at his phone that sits face up in his lap seeing as Colby is calling him.

He sighs grabbing his phone and declining the call before silencing his phone and putting it face down.

"Probably wants to hang out, I'll tell him I'm busy" he shrugs it off.

Ben hums, the focus falling off of him.

Picking up his phone as he checks the time he frowns seeing the many missed calls and unread messages from Colby, a few from Liam as well.

"Oh Sam!" Sam looks up at his mother in curiosity at her newly found excitement.

"Uh.. yes?" she smiles looking back at him.

"Liam's birthday is coming up, want to get him a gift at the mall? we can ship it out to him" she offers.

Sam shrugs hiding the hurt knowing she doesn't know about his situation.

"Uhm I dunno," he shrugs.

"He said he doesn't want me to get him one, I can look around for something though" Sam shrugs it off.

She nods.

Shortly after, his father pulls into the parking lot of the mall.

Sam sighs looking down at his phone seeing as Liam is now calling him.

"Alright, let's go kiddos" his father says.

"Uh can I stay here for a moment?"

So much for avoiding the drama.

"Oh, sure sweetie, text me when your on your way in so I can tell you where we are" Sam nods.

"Okay, will do" she hums.