5

May 30th ~ 9:20pm
-

"Colby! Get down here before your food gets cold!" The brunette grumbles placing down the screwdriver in his hand as he assembles his desk.

Pausing his music he walks to his bedroom door, picking up a pillow that lays on the ground and tossing it onto his recently made bed before exiting his new room.

Finding the dining room he sees that the table and chairs have been set up nothing but three boxes of pizza on the table top along with a stack of paper plates.

Sighing softly he takes a seat in the last open chair and opening a box and grabbing a slice of pepperoni pizza and putting it on a plate before picking it up and grabbing a few more slices.

"Who was that kid?" Gage speaks up "the blonde one that ran into Colby earlier when we just got here" he clarifies his question.

"We're not too sure" their father speaks.

"But he seemed like a lovely boy, maybe one of you can be his friend, I'm sure he's around one of your ages" their mother speaks with a soft smile.

"Well, why was he here?" Colby asks, wanting to talk about this since their run in.

"He says his boyfriend used to live here, I'm assuming he just missed him is all and wanted to come here for some memories or something" their mom shrugs.

"Oooh! how about we go out and meet our neighbors, while your father goes out to get those new locks. I'm sure that boy is one of them" she speaks with a smile just wanting her boys to have friends around here.

"Yeah, sure, I guess" Colby shrugs, taking a bite of his pizza slice.

"Okay." Gage agrees with a small sigh.

-
may 31st

Walking around his new home trying to get the feel of it and used to where everything is. He soon finds himself in the kitchen spotting his mother in there, going to leave not interested in bothering her too much, he stops in his tracks.

"Uh mom?" he speaks, gently looping his finger around the curly cord of the telephone hanging on the wall.

"Yes hun?" she answers, pulling out a stack of plates from a box.

"What's this?" he asks, taking the handset off the base "it's called a telephone sweetie, it's what people back then had as their phones rather than that smart phone of yours."

Colby hums poking at the numbered buttons of the dial pad "why is it here? it's so out of place, it clashes with the modern look" he states, examining the plastic box noticing the discoloration.

"Mhm, that's why me and your father plan on having it removed, we were told it doesn't work anyways" Colby hums, his eyebrows knitting together in confusion as he turns the handset sideways finding a white strip tapped along it seeing a string of numbers written on it.

Shrugging his shoulders he punches the numbers onto the key pad.

Bringing it up to his ear as he hits the last number he's able to hear a faint dial tone as if it's ringing.

"Colby, put that down and come, we're going to meet our neighbors" the boy jumps slightly as he had become focused on the ringing hoping he would have heard someone answer.

Allowing himself to hang it up, he forgets about it coming to a conclusion that it's truly broken just not completely nonfunctional.

Pulling on his shoes, he tosses on his jacket and awaits for his mother and Gage to come to the door so they can go and meet their neighbors.

"Alright, ready?" she asks earning nods from the two boys, the both of them not really up for meeting a bunch of strangers.