29. Choice Of Gandhari

"Can you be my eyes?"

Gandhari was taken aback by her husband's words. She knew he didn't know about his uncle Bhisma's previous massacre of her family, but she always assumed he despised her because she was not blind.

He always told her to take off the blindfolds, saying she was acting or faking it and should stop. Now it's turn out they were all excuses to make her hate him and remove her blindfold.

This realisation was a blessing for any wife. Her husband may accepted to be despise by his own wife to pull her from her sea of misery.

She wanted to tell him that she would gladly be his eyes, lead him down the right path, and give their children the love of both of them, but she couldn't. If she says that, she will betray not only a daughter, a sister, and a princess, but also she will betray a wife.

"Arya, Before I answer your question. I also have something to say, so please hear it all before answering it."

Gandhari took his hand off her shoulders, ready to ask him her own questions. If her husband can be honest with her, she must also be honest with him.

"I loved and respected you as your wife and will continue to do so until the day i die, but I was never able to give you my entire heart. Someone in my heart is always preventing me from fully accepting you."

Gandhari spoke with heavy breath, as the secrets she had kept for years were about to be revealed.

Dhritarashtra heard her words and missed his heartbeat. He had always felt her reluctance to accept him, but he never imagined that he would be able to find out the reason today. He took a deep breath and bared himself to hear her reason, fearing that his blindness might be the reason.

"There is My fa-father, My b-brothers and My kin-kingdom in my heart. Their daughter, sister and princess asked me for justice, Justice for their loved one's unrighteous blood shed." 

Gandhari at this time became emotional, Her voice was chocking tears and her face wetted by her tears but she still goes on to say all the things she hide in her heart today. She can't keep those things trapped inside anymore.

"What their crime was that the son of Ganga, A demi-god, The excellency Bhisma with his own hand nearly wiped our bloodline? Is that king was guilty for protecting his own daughter's happiness? Are those princes was guilty for saving their sister's honor? Or that kingdom was guilty for loving its princess? Answer me this question Arya!?"

Gandhari at this moment, Looking like wounded lioness, Weak yet ferocious. She roared like one and asked her answer to questions, These questions that were always haunting her, Begging her to be answered, She finally asked to the world. 

She felt like an immense weight on her shoulder lifted up. For the first time in years she felt that she was alive. She sensed the warm flowing blood in her veins, Which at this moment was boiling because of her rage.

For the first time in years, there was a smile on her exotic face, and yet when that smile appeared, The world felt ashamed and the atmosphere was saddened by one point. Because  that smile was not of joy but pain, There was an immeasurable amount of pain and grief was hidden in that smile.

Seeing that smile with her tear filled face might be what made people come up with a saying of a weeping beauty but sadly no one in that room was able to appreciate that or console this beauty.

"I am not asking for revenge, I will never want revenge, All I want is justice. I want their souls to get a peace and that will never happen until they receive justice."

Gandhari continued but this time her voice was firm, the same as her demand for justice.

"So Arya, Can you as my husband help me to get justice for them?"