28. Can You Became My Eyes?

"Hey, Hey, Spit that out, Karna, Spite that out."

Radha and Gandhari were the first to react. Gandhari held Karna and started hitting on his back, While Radha without caring about social status ran up to Gandhari.

They both became too worried about it. Gandhari even regretted giving him that necklace.

'Why were they that worried? Don't they see I am not choking?'

Karna on other hand was confused, Seeing the tear-filled face of Radha and the anxiousness of Gandhari. He didn't know what was happening. After all, they can see he was not choking on that gem.

"Go call the royal medic NOW!!!"

Gandhari hurriedly commanded a servant nearby, Who also quickly went out and very soon brought the royal medic.

"Vaidya (Medic/Doctor) come and took a look at this child, He just swallowed the gem."

Gandhari quickly explained the situation to the medic and asked him to take a look at Karna.

"I will take a look at the queen."

Medic said as he saw Karna. For a moment, He was stunned seeing his beauty and the divine glow around him but quickly recovered as saving a life is more important.

'He should be some royal celestial birth child. If I save him, I will get hefty rewards.'

Medic thought to himself. After all, Karna's looks were uncanny, So people will never think of him as a lowborn Suta but as a royal or celestial birth.

"Well... He is not choking on it, Also he has not shown any discomfort, So that's good news. I want to ask the queen, Does that gem have any sharp edges?"

Medic inspects Karna and concludes he was fine. He just has one important question about the edges of the stone. If there are no edges then that stone will simply pass through the body but if there were edges then it's another thing. Those edges might harm the other important organs like the stomach, intestine, etc.

"I don't think it had any sharp edges, It was a smooth gem as I found it on the river bank."

Gandhari thought hard and made sure she didn't miss anything, After confirming again and again. She answered a medic. 

She was little when she found that stone near the river bank When she sneaked out of the palace with her brothers. So she was quite sure that the gem was smooth and had no sharp edges.

"If that's the case then there is no need to worry, He will easily be able to pass through that from his body, Just make sure he is drinking enough milk and has not lost an appetite. If he loses his appetite, Quickly call me to take a look at him, Queen."

Medic said and stood by the side. Normally, After his job was done he had to take permission to take his leave but now he is waiting for his reward.

"Hum, Please give 100 gold coins to the royal medic as a reward."

Gandhari saw through the medic's little trick but because he had given them a piece of good news she was not going to get angry at him and happily rewarded him, But she remembered this act and planned to change the royal medic later.

"Thank you, Queen."

Medic, unknown to the dissatisfaction of the queen, Thanked her and took his leave.

"You see Radha, You don't have to be worry. Karna is fine, Although I don't like his personality but he is indeed a capable medic."

Gandhari consoles Radha and resultantly gives Karna back to her.