SC: Reconciliation

Irene

After I knew the reasons behind why Greggy chose that Antonette than us, I hurriedly run towards Greggy's office. I didn't think twice and hug him tightly while crying silently on his chest.

I am finally home, this is my home.

"I'm sorry.." I said, I know he's dumbfounded.

"Sorry for what, I?" Greggy asked while rubbing my back.

"I'm sorry for not hearing your side, for doubting you, for everything I did."

"No, you don't have to say sorry 'Rene. I understand, 'kay.."

"If only I let you explain, hindi sana tayo aabot sa ganito.."

"And if only I didn't give you doubts hindi tayo aabot sa ganito, don't blame yourself okay? Hindi lang ikaw ang may kasalanan."

"I-I thought ayaw mo na when you sent me the divorce papers, s-so I signed it to give you freedom and happiness-

"But it didn't give me any of those, it trapped me, it hunted me." Greggy confessed as he smiled at her weakly, Irene tightened her hug.

"Is there something I could do to make it up to you? or to make you atleast feel better." Irene asked while sobbing softly, Greggy caressed her waist.

"Stay 'Rene, let's rebuild the family we built, for us, for our children, for our family." Greggy replied, Irene nodded as an agreement.

"I love you Irene, mula noon hanggang ngayon. You are still the one who can make my heart flatter, ikaw parin."

"Same goes to me, Greggy. Years after you sent me those paper, I already accepted the fact na wala ng tayo, na wala ng pag-asa para satin dahil nawala kana sakin pero sa puso ko karugtong ka parin ng buhay ko. You didn't know how much it broke me when I found out about Antonette, because I didn't expect it. Hindi ko inasahan yun kasi kilala kita and I know that you love me, alam kong hindi ka gagawa ng rason para saktan ako. I tried to convince myself but those doubts, overthinking and what ifs provoked me. I'm sorry." Irene apologized, Greggy wiped her tears.

"It's all over now, ang importante ngayon, nandito kana and we can start our lives again, stronger and wiser. Stop crying love.." Greggy consoles.

"I thought we would never be this close again, ever." Irene uttered.

"I also thought the same, akala ko tuluyan kanang mawawala sakin. I'm sorry Irene, I'm sorry for hurting you, for  making you feel neglected and unlove. I didn't mean to do it love. I swear, hindi kita kayang saktan."

"I know, tama na ang sorry. Let's enjoy this new begginnings of our life Greggy, with our children, grandchildren, with our whole family."

"Wala ng bawian ha?"

"Wala na at wala nading bibitaw. Papagalitan na tayo ni Amara, yung anak mong napaka-maldita."

"Sayo naman nagmana 'yun.."

Irene hit his chest gently.

"Oh bakit? Isn't she beautiful as her mother, your resemblance to her are undoubtedly the same, hindi na kailangang itanong kung kaninong anak."

"But she got your nose."

"Yeah. Only my nose and my surname, yun lang ata nakuha niya sa'kin eh, sayo na yung iba mommy."

"Syempre. I carried her for nine months, it would be unfair if ikaw yung kamukha niya hmp."

Greggy chuckles, he pulled Irene for a hug again and kissed the top of her head.

"Where is she by the way?" Greggy asked.

"Sabi ng secretary mo, she went out daw to do something."

"Oh, why don't you call her mommy. Tell her kain tayo sa labas."

"Okay, I guess we'll earn a lot of banters from your naughty daughter again after this."

"Our daughter, beautiful."

"Ang kulit parin niya dada, still the same old Amara Scarlette."

"Parang baby parin eh no, anyways, are you going with her sa Italy?"

"Hmm yes, walang siyang kasama doon eh, ang laki ng penthouse niya pero isa lang naman siya."

"Sabi ko nga sakanya, she doesn't need to work naman na, she should've just stay here, kaya naman natin siyang buhayin love."

"Eh kasi nga daddy, ayaw niya ngang umaasa sa ibang tao, she doesn't even ask for money before remember? kung may bibilhin siya. Amara doesn't want to rely to anyone, that's why she's so independent."

"And that's because of you of course, you were her role model and you raised her well and fine."

"Hindi lang ako. You were also her role model, she saw how hard working her daddy is that's why she don't want to waste a single peso from you kasi she knows how hard you worked just to earn that money."

"Kasama din ata dun sa ayaw niyang pag-gastos yung pagka-ilocana niya kagaya mo, mama."

"I think so too, dada."

Minutes passed, Amara arrived at the office, she saw her parents sitting on the couch. Irene's head is resting on her father's chest, while Greggy plants soft kisses on her mother's head.

"Oh, please tell me tama yung iniisip ko!"

The couples were startle when their daughter suddenly shouted.

"Oh gosh anak! Sumusulpot ka nalang bigla!" Irene said as she clutched her chest, Amara smiled and did a peace sign.

"Sorry but anyways, I love what I'm seeing, finally! After years, naisipan niyo ding magreconcile! Hay, pag-ibig."

Greggy and Irene laugh at their daughter as they reflect, their love story, once interrupted, now bloomed anew. It was as if the universe had conspired to bring them back together, allowing them a second chance at happiness. They navigated the complexities of their renewed relationship with caution, ensuring that their shared dreams and aspirations aligned.

They recognized the growth they had undergone individually, and how it had shaped them into better versions of themselves. They acknowledged the mistakes of their past and embraced the lessons they had learned along the way.

With time, Irene and Greggy realized that their reunion was more than a mere reconciliation. It was a beautiful testament to the power of love and the resilience of the human spirit. They had grown, evolved, and chosen to embark on a new chapter together—one built on the foundation of forgiveness, understanding, and a deep appreciation for the rare second chances life sometimes bestows.

"Totoo ba 'to? Walang halong joke?" Alfonso asked his parents, when they told them about the plan of being together again, or is it actually still a plan? or..

"Totoo nga kuya, ang kulit. Gusto mo ba o gusto mo?" Amara asked her brother sarcastically which made the family chuckle.

"Itatali ko na kayo, para hindi na maligaw ang landas niyong dalawa." Imee commented, Amara giggled when she heard what her aunt has uttered.

"Agree, super agree ako diyan tita! Ako na po bibili ng handcuffs." Amara replied, Greggy messed up his daughter's hair.

"Ikaw, ang dami-dami mong sinasabi!"

"Daddy naman eh! Kailangan mo pa talagang guluhin yung buhok ko, alam mo bang pinaghirapan ko 'to!" Amara complained, the family just laugh with the way she reacted.

Everyone was happy for Greggy and Irene's reconciliation, Imelda even told them “Buti naman at natauhan na kayo.”.

"Thank you for allowing us to try again, I love you more than you can imagine, Irene. I would willingly sacrifice everything I have for you."

"Thank you too for not giving up, Greggy. I love you my love."

They closed their gaps and shared an intimate and sweet kiss as they hugged each other.

A short Special Chapter for Mr. & Mrs. Araneta's 40th Anniversary🤍