Diez

Years passed..

Irene lived a life with Amara peaceful & happy, she's supporting her and she's loving it. The mother's proud whenever she's witnessing Amara walked classily on a stage, she had been her number one supporter. Their is a constant communication with the family except for Greggy, all those years that they've stayed in Italy, there wasn't a call nor text from the man of the house.

Today is Amara's day off, they decided to just stay at home. Amara is still sleeping and the mother let her since she knows how tired her daughter has been for the past weeks, Irene on the other hand was just sitting on the couch, scrolling through her phone when someone suddenly ring the doorbell.

"A mail to, Missus Irene Marcos-Araneta?"

"A-ah yes that's me.."

"Right, please sign here first.."

Irene thanked the mailman after she signed the paper, a confirmation that she received the letter. In curiosity, she immediately went inside to open the letter.

It's indeed, a letter..

A paper that holds heartbreaking words..

A form that she didn't expect..

Annulment.Papers.

Gregorio Maria Araneta III
Petitioner

Civil Case No: 123

For declaration of Nullity of Marriage.

-versus-

Maria Victoria Irene M. Araneta
Respondent

The woman was too numb to react, she don't know what to feel nor to do. She don't know what happened, why did this happen all of a sudden. She was just gripping at the paper hardly, tears were flowing on her cheeks with no emotions showing on her face.

"You asked for this, you got to hold on to that."

She's trembling, she's cold but she manage to stand up and hide the papers for the meantime, she's near to breaking down, it sinks in slowly and painfully.

", forse l'altro giorno signore è il mio giorno di riposo oggi— ma?"

The woman was flabbergast when she heard her name being called, she immediately wiped her tears as she manage to give her daughter a smile.

"I'll call you back later, bye!"

Amara abruptly ended the call when she saw her mother's eyes, looking so weary and swelled.

"Hey, what happened?"

As much as the woman doesn't want to cry infront of her, she cannot help it. The hug that her daughter gave her make her burst into tears, the lady was dumbfounded but she hug her mother even more.

"What happened, hmm?"

Amara softly asked her mother again who was still crying while hugging her waist.

"I'm f-finally going to be free.."

"What do you mean?"