Veinte Cinco

"-Ang gusto lamang ng isang ama ay ang protektahan at alagaan ang kanyang mga anak kahit pa na ang kapalit neto ay kamatayan, that is a love of a father, a love of a father is silent and yet it is always true and real, hindi ibig sabihing tahimik wala siyang ginagawa and that is why, brothers and sisters let us appreciate the silent sacrifice of a father and let us also remember that we have also God the Father silently taking care of us, wala pong perpektong ama pero kung walang ama, hindi mabubuo ang pamilya and in this case even if our brother Greggy has already fallen asleep and was already called by Jesus, it doesn't meam na hindi na buo ang pamilya dahil he will always look after your family with God."

conveys by the priest, Amara was beside Irene, she's holding her hands, they are all devastated especially Irene so she needs to be strong for her mother, this is the time that Irene needs her the most.

~•~

"Mommy, you eat po muna.."

Amara told her mother, Irene haven't eaten yet.

"Oo nga mi and take a rest also.."

said by Alfonso.

"No, I'm okay, I'll stay here.."

"Pero mommy, wala ka pa pong kain at tulog, magagalit si daddy nyan."

Amara uttered, she held her mother's hands.

"Mom, I know it's hard and painful. We are all in deep sorrow right now but please take care of yourself naman? We already lost daddy and we can't afford to lose you too, please? For us, take a rest muna for awhile kami na muna ang bahala dito hm?"

Amara pleaded, teary-eyed. Irene hugged her daughter tightly.

"I'm sorry anak, I'm really sorry.."

Amara rubbed her mother's back gently.

"Go na, eat muna and take a rest, Kuya, please.."

"How about you? Aren't you going to sleep ba?"

"No ma, I'm okay.."

"Be sure to follow later and get some rest ha,"

Amara nodded as Irene and Alfonso went to the kitchen of the chapel.

"Mara.."

she hear someone called her from behind and it was her tita Imee, the family is here to comfort them. There were a lot of people inside extending their symphaties and condolences to the family.

"Tita.."

while uttering those words, Amara can't help herself but to breakdown and cry, she's not that tough as everybody elses thinks.

"Hush 'nak, let it out.."

Imee comforts, she knows that Amara tries to look strong infront of Irene because she has always been Irene's pillar of strength.

"I can't believe that this happened tita, he was just with us earlier this morning, I told him pa nga to go home early and he did but—"

"I understand, sorry for your loss.."

"I don't know how to deal with my life without daddy, I wish I hugged him more tightly earlier, I wish I have said I love you several times before they left and I wish I spend so much time with him kasi hindi ko alam last na pala 'yun.."

"Atleast you have convey your love to your daddy, I know that Greggy knows that you love him.."

Imee hugged her niece again, she's rubbing her back for comfort. Minutes passed, Amara had a courage to finally go near to her father's coffin and it's breaking her.