Veinte

When she opened the door, she subconsciously met the present woman in her ex-husband's life.

They stared at each other and no one dared to talk, Irene didn't mind her, she don't have any energy to argue with her so she continued to walk.

"Irene,"

Irene stoped walking and face her.

"May the best woman win?"

"Don't even start."

Irene said, threatening her, she don't want to fight but if she starts to annoy her, she'll regret what she did.

"Why, are you afraid?"

"Nonsense, why should I, shouldn't it be the other way around?"

Irene tried to tease her, the woman rolled her eyes and smile teasingly.

"Hay naku, actually wala naman na dapat akong ipag-alala kasi weeks from now, Greggy and I will tie the knot already."

"And what made you think that I care? I don't give a damn, kahit ngayon agad magpakasal kayo sa harap ko wala akong pakialam, he was mine first so meaning pangalawa ka lang, taga-salo kalang ng mga pinagsawaan."

Antonette was about to slap her when Irene abruptly held her arms and slap her in return.

"Congratulations and best wishes for the both of you, dear."

Irene uttered, she victoriously smile as she walk away from her, she went inside her car and put her on the other seat, she was about to start her car when her phone suddenly rang.

Irene

I

opened my phone and was startle to see who's calling.

Veronica
calling...

What's up with Greggy's secretary? Why would she call me at this hour?

Hello?

[Hello, Ms. Irene?
Magandang Gabi po..]

Yes hi! Is there any
problem, Roni?

[Ah, hindi na po kasi ako
pinapatahimik ng konsenya ko,
busy po ba kayo bukas?]

Okay, what's happening? Irene thinks.

No, wala naman akong sched for
tomorrow, mukhang imporante
talaga yung sasabihin mo sakin.

[Ah opo ma'am, pwede po
ba tayong magkita bukas?]

Okay sure, saan?

[Kahit sa office nalang po..]

Okay, expect me to be there..

[Sige po ma'am..]

That made me curious, ano kaya ang sasabihin niya sakin at kailangan ko pa talagang pumunta sa kompanya ng magaling kong ex-husband. Hindi nanaman ako makakatulog neto, I can't help but to think kung ano yung sasabihin sakin ni Veronica, it really seems like it is so important.