Dieciséis

Back to the Palace, Amara is starting to get anxious about where Irene could be, she asked her brothers and other relatives but they haven't seen Irene, she decided to call her and after few calls finally she answers.

"For the love of God, mommy! Where are you? You made me so worried."

[Oh, I'm sorry love, I'm in our house here in Forbes because I remember, I have something important to do pa pala. I'll be back tomorrow morning and don't worry about me, tell them also.]

"B-But who are you with? Are you alone lang?"

[No, the maids are here 'nak.. Tapos na yung party?]

"Almost.. You left me here.."

[Aw sorry sweetheart, mommy wasn't able to tell you.. I'll be back tomorrow hmm, you get rest. I love you.]

"Take care there, I love you too."

Amara ended the call and informed the family about where Irene is, they continued to talk, eat & dance until they finally decided to rest, it's been exhausting yet joyous day for them.

Irene

Hindi ako makatulog dahil sa lalaking eto, he's sleeping on the couch already and I'm hesitant to leave him there kasi baka may gusto tapos hanapin ako, gisingin ko nalang 'to.

"Greg.."

"Hmm..."

He groans, eyes still closed.

"Come, sa guest room kana matulog, you won't get a proper sleep here you know."

"N-no I'm okay here.."

"Kasi naman, Greggy halika na wag na matigas ang ulo, please?"

Greggy sighed as he carefully get up from the couch, Irene held his arm, she was about to assist him so he could stand up but Greggy suddenly hugged Irene's waist that made her froze.

"G-Greg, ano ba.. Stand up na."

"Let me hug you for awhile, wife."

"Quota kana, you don't know what you're saying Gregorio."

Greggy softly chuckles.

Ginagago lang ako neto e, naku talaga!

"Kung hindi kalang talaga lasing kanina pa kita nasuntok!"

"You can't do that.."

Ay talagang hinahamon ako, hindi lasing 'to. Jinojoke time lang ako neto, pag ako talaga mainis iiwan ko to dito.

"Try me Greggy, I'm not joking."

After I utter those words, he suddenly stood up that made me startle, he looked at me deeply, both of his arms are on my waist hugging it. I looked at him with disbelief, I can't move, both of my hands are placed on his chest as if pushing him away.

•••

They were looking at each other's eyes, they are sharing the same emotions.