Quatro

Irene arrived with weary eyes and it was caught by Amara, Irene didn't saw her coming, she was wiping her tears away while walking so fast towards the stairs.

Is mama okay? What happened, Is she crying? she thought.

Amara looked upstairs while drinking a glass of water, she's curious, she doesn't want to see her mother crying and hurt. Once she finds out who hurt the most important woman in her life, s/he should be ready for the consequences.

Amara was about to head upstairs when she heard the door swung and revealed her father, holding three bouquet of red tulips. Amara's eyes widened as she put down the glass and rushed to her father, is it usual? He arrived so early than expected.

"Daddy!"

She shouted, Greggy smiled at her as he opened his arms widely for a hug.

"My baby.."

Greggy uttered, he kissed his daughter's head while hugging her.

"I'm glad you're here! Your mom must be so happy to see you.."

"You're definitely right, daddy, I don't know if I saw it right but I think mama was crying.."

That made Greggy fell silent, he gaze upstairs as he looked at their daughter who's looking so worried.

"Don't worry love, I'll ask your mom why.. Here, this is for you."

"Wow thanks, how'd you know that I'm here?"

Her daughter asked, squinting her eyes onto him. Greggy smile at her as he played with her hair strands.

"Your mama texted me.." he lied, that made the lady thought true.

"I see, okay then. Go to mama na, she might need you."

Greggy nervously smiled at her, she carried the other bouquet leaving the other one to Amara telling her to give it to Xandra. He quietly went upstairs and entered their room, he saw her wife on the bed leaning on the headboard while reading a book.

"Hon.."

He called, Irene glanced at him, the audacity to call her by their endearment after what she saw earlier, she didn't bother replying instead she focused on what she's reading.

"Umiiyak ka daw sabi ni Amara.."

Greggy opened up the topic, Irene didn't looked at him nor reply.

"I'm sorry.. I-I wasn't thinking earlier when you saw us, b-biglang nangyari yung nangyari, that wasn't suppose to happen pero-

"Shut up, you don't have to explain.."

"I need to, hindi 'to maayos kung hindi ako magpapaliwanag."

"Nonsense Gregorio! Do you want me to tell it to you one by one kung ilang beses na kitang nahuli, not once, not twice and not even thrice!" Irene said half-shouting, she realized it so she calmed herself down.

"Stop lying to me, this is the least you could do after all I have sacrificed for you, sino 'yun? Ha?"

Irene confronts him firmly trying her best not shed a tear, their room is sound-proof so they're both sure that no one can hear them from outside.

"Gregorio, I'm asking you! Wala na ba talagang kunting respeto jan sa kaluluwa mo? Really, in your office? Hindi na kayo nahiya, let me remind you, I'm still your wife!"