Dieceocho

The event is doing good so far, no commotion happening at all, thankfully. Everyone has their own agendas, Greggy and Antonette were seated not too far from where Amara and his brothers are.

Patricia excused herself first, she said that she'll just fetch someone outside that made them wonder who, it didn't took long, she went back with the one and only original Missus Araneta.

"Mommy?"

Amara exclaim wonder-stricken, she didn't expect her to be here because she said that she won't be coming, what's the sudden change of mind?

"Irene!"

Alice exclaim as she stood up to approach her, they did a cheek kiss and shared a hug for a couple of minutes, the other relatives greeted her too.

"Hi ate Alice, it's been awhile! I'm glad to see you again,"

"It has really been so long! I was so surprise to see your beautiful daughter earlier!"

"Oh yes, it's been decades since the last time you've seen each other hmm?"

"You bet, let's go nandun sila.."

She greeted Greggy's other relatives first before proceeding to their table, the boys kissed her cheeks for greetings.

"I thought you won't be coming?"

Amara asked right away, Irene chuckles and opened her arms for a hug, she kissed her temple and holds her hands after their hug. She sit beside her daughter, still holding her hands under the table.

"Irene, you should eat first.."

"No, perhaps later.."

Alice didn't insist anymore, they continued to talk and was interrupted when the ex-husband showed up infront of their table.

"You're here.."

He uttered, Alice and Patricia rolled their eyes to Greggy as they sigh.

"Y-yes I am.."

Irene replied awkwardly, she also saw how the two woman rolled their eyes to her ex-husband, is there something going on between the three of them? She's clueless. All of a sudden, Greggy kissed Irene's cheeks for a greeting that made the people in the table surprised, Irene was also shocked by Greggy's sudden action.

After that, a music suddenly pop-up.

Two old friends meet again..
Wearing older faces
Talk about the places they've been

Their other relatives were starting to approach the center of the venue to dance.

"Greggy, why don't you ask Irene for a dance?"

suggested by Alice that made Irene's eyes widened.

"Oh no, I'm okay here.."

Irene abruptly disagree.

"Antonette is there, siya nalang kamo yung isayaw niya tita.."

Amara impassively said without looking at her dad, she just continue to browse on her phone, Irene caress her hands.

"Can we, Irene?"

Greggy asked bravely, that's when Amara looked at her parents blankly, waiting for her mother's answer.

"Go na Irene!"

Irene looked at her childrens, Luis and Alfonso were nodding as if saying that she should accept his offer but Amara was just staring at her blankly, no emotions at all.