Diecenueve

•••

"Why are you making this so hard for me Greggy?"

Greggy looked at her, she's crying already.

"The what, Irene?"

"This! This gestures of yours, how unappropriate this is knowing that few months from now, you'll be tying a knot already."

Irene said it calmly but she's punching Greggy's chest, she's hurting.

"I'm sorry, I should've realize what will happen first before doing what I did.."

Greggy confessed that made Irene stopped, she looked at him intently.

"Sana nga, I wished you realized it first kasi kung nagawa mo 'yun hindi na sana tayo umabot pa sa ganito, we're hurting each other.. You're hurting me,"

Greggy fixed his eyes to Irene, he caress her face as he wipe her tears away.

"Ang tanga ko kasi the fact na alam kong ikakasal kana, pumayag parin akong halikan mo, nag-aalala parin ako sayo at hindi ako mapakali sa t'wing hindi ko alam kung nasaan ka, alam mo kung bakit? Because I still care for you not only because you are the father of my children but also because you're special to me Gregorio. The scenarios happened between us for the past days aren't included with my plans the day I returned, but there was a little hope that when I came back sana may pagmamahal parin, sana may puwang parin, a little hope na sana ako parin."

Greggy fell silent because of what he's hearing, his ex-wife is crying uncontrollably.

"And you know what hurts me most, yun yung kahit anong tingin ko sa iba, sayo parin bumabalik yung mga mata ko. I saw how you hold her, I saw how kissed her, I saw how you hug her, I saw the sweet gestures you shared with her, I saw how you protected her, I saw the love you have for her. How funny it is to think na ako yung unang bumitaw pero ako yung hindi makabangon, I hope you also give attention to me kahit hindi na ako, I hope you saw that I'm wearing the necklace you gave to me during our anniversary."

That's when Greggy realized that it was really his gift for her and she's also wearing their engagement ring.

"If only you know, love.." Greggy thought.

"I also gave attention to you, I can actually give you proper and correct calculations on how many times you smile, you laugh, who were the persons you talked to, how many glass of wines you drank, all and that's because I'm giving all my attention to you, gusto ko ngang tabihan ka para masigurado kong walang hahawak sayo.."

That made Irene shock, so she looked at him with weary eyes and Greggy give her a weak smile.

"Just because you saw me care for her doesn't mean I'm not giving you any attention, in fact, I looked at your direction from time to time, it's just that nagkataon na pagtumitingin ka sa table namin, our eyes won't met, Irene, you're so special to me not only because you're the mother of my children but because I still do love you so much and it hasn't stop."