I Thought I Lost You

Taehyung laid his body down on the bed with a heavy sigh. A timid smile lingering in the corner of his lips as he kept recalls the face of the ravenette's shocked face.

The brief hug they shared a while ago was something he would never forget. Call him a fool but he just wants to melt in his embrace even though he knows he doesn't love him. Oh how bad he wished the moment to last like the endless night.

Pulling the corner of his shirt collar, he took it to his nose and inhaled. The same musky, rainy scent with a hint of cinnamon penetrates through his nose.
A shy smile formed in his lips when he remembered how his face was buried into those hard chest muscles. The warmth it gave nearly numbed his sense, his mind. It was the second time the male hugged him like that.

Like a fool, he smiled to himself as he hid his face behind his hands. But he was startled when his phone suddenly rang, causing him to almost fall off his bed.

Cursing the person who ruined his little moment, his hand picked his phone. His eyes instantly grew in size when the person spoke from the other line, Just one word from the male and he already recognized the owner of the voice.

"Taehyung?" The brunet froze on his bed when the name rolled out his mouth, calling him ever so softly. He swore this is the first time he heard his voice this soft and gentle and this is the first time he is calling him after they parted ways.

Taehyung become rigid, eyes still wide as his head went numb, processing what was actually happening. He didn't realize that the male was calling out his name from the other line over and over again.

"Y-yeah, I c-can hear you." Taehyung badly wanted to slam his head on the wall for stuttering like that.

"I thought I lost you."

Taehyung's body froze once again. Those words had him dive into a pool of emotions. Emotions that might bring him down, bury him into the pits of hell where he could never see the sunlight ever again.

"W-What?" Taehyung whispered.

"I meant.... On the line." Jungkook spoke after a pause which had the brunet come out of his sudden shock state. He could hear the silence from the other side which left his head with too many questions. Was he really trying to be nice or just playing with his weak heart?

"Are you there?"

"I'm still here."

Another silence fell in between them as taehyung whispered those words. Both of them stayed like that until the brunet came out of his spellbound state, slapping the side of his head for what he just blurt out.

"Is t-there anything you want to talk?" With his bottom lip stuck between his teeth taehyung waited for the male to answer.

"Ah, yeah. Since you are here, I was wondering.....If I can invite you to a party?"

"A what?" He yelled out of surprise and jungkook heard him clearly that he even imagined his wide-eyed face with his little lips parted.

"Uh... A party?" He heard him answering with a questioning tone.

"Party? B-but jungkook, I have..." Taehyung trailed off as he remembered that in two hours he has to be at the airport to catch his flight back to Korea.

Taehyung pondered for a moment. Flight back to Korea or jungkook? The question was not really easy one to answer but you know... Love never quits.

"Okay, I'll come but I-I don't know about this city so..." He heard the other chuckle which did a thing to his heart. This is the first time he's hearing him laugh and that's because of him. Taehyung felt like he's achieved something big from that.