21| Cater to you

"I'm scared." I told Heather though the phone.

"Are you there yet?" She asked instead.

"I'm parked across from the building... Heather I'm freaking out. I know he's rich but I didn't think this sky scraper was..."

"Just shut up and get inside. Give the valet your keys and go surprise your fiancé while I cleaned Violet's shitty diapers." She urged and I laughed nervously but breath to calm my nerves. "Ready?"

"Yes. Thank you." I told her and she laughed, making kissing noises before hanging up.

I've been on the call with her for three hours and I understand why she wanted to get me off. I needed to surprise Randall at his company's head office, seeing as though he's been away from home for two weeks. Leaving Chesterfield, I've had to drive a good hour and a half to get to Miami. All dressed up in my chef uniform and with his gifts in my hand.

Getting out of his sleek black car that I borrowed for the day, I took the boxes out and put my phone in my pocket. Seeing as the lights had turned red and the cars started piling up, I crossed the road between them and walked up the steps careful.

"Good day, can you hand this to the valet, please." I told the security who quick took it and nods. His eyes even widened at the keys he held as he gave me a proper look.

"Good day, Mrs. Mayweather."

"Call me Lavender. Do you want a cupcake?" I asked with a smile and he nods.

Opening one of two boxes, I took one out and gave it to him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome, have a great day." He told me to enjoy mine before I left entering the automatic door and make my way to the receptionist desk.

Just saying my name gave me pass to continue and I passes along another two cupcakes to two of the beautiful women there. With the VIP card in hand, I stepped into the private elevator while security press the button for the fifteenth floor. The receptionist had already made a call to the top floor and I was greeted by one of Randall's PA, Mister Vance.

"Miss James, it's a pleasure having you here. How are you?" He asked politely and I grinned.

"Thanks for your warm welcome and I'm doing great, I just wanted to surprise your boss." I whispered yell and he winked.

"Amazing..."

"Oh, sorry, take this and issue to anyone you wants." I gave him the three small rectangular boxes and he opens it, with widened eyes and mouth.

"Thank you." He said and I nod. "I'm suppose to bring in more beverages for the meeting but I'm sure they'll love some pastries too. Would you mind if I grab the drink..."

"Not at all, I'll wait." I told him and he rushed out and returned with company. They held clean glasses and bottles of champagne. "Wow."

"We needed an excuse to celebrate, your fiancé had been moody all week." Mister Vance whispered and I smile.

"Sure, let's go surprise him." I let him lead with the rest and I followed.

Entering the large meeting room on the eleventh floor, Mister Vance told me about the glass wall that can change into a one way mirror and that Randall has a five out of a hundred change of seeing me approach. Thankfully, he was busy talking as he gave a room filled with business men and women his views.

I walked up to him slowly as all eyes fell on me which finally got his attention and he gasped.

He stood there for a few second staring at me before he attacked. With two giant steps, he had his arms around me and kissing all over my face as I giggled. "Randall..."