Chapter 13

Not edited....

_

I woke up with Randall next to me but when I exited the bathroom, he was gone. By gone I meant that he completely vanished or became invisible. The only reminder he left was a note on my phone.

I just left to go home, but I'll be back for our date around 6 PM. Take care... I love you.

I made you Turkish tea, it's in the kitchen.

Smiling, I went ahead to start my day. Since the rain haven't fall for a few days, I decided to do some laundry after drinking the tea he left. After that, I started watering my flowers and that when my phone started ringing. Seeing the familiar name and area code, I groaned.

"Good morning, daddy."

"Lavender, I'm expecting you to be at the family reunion this year..." He started but I cut him off.

"I'm truly sorry father, but since I was practically dragged to that jet five years ago and was told never to return, I won't. I'm not wanted there since I've became the black sheep of your perfect family. Now as the stranger who you no longer treats as your daughter, I'm forced to say you can completely erase me from your life. I'll be sending your credit card with you since I don't need it then tell your wife and everyone at the reunion to loose my number. I will no longer be the puppet you can control and if you try anything as much as to threaten me, I'll ruin your perfect family name. Starting from the very beginning up until your wife ripped my son from my arms. I'm done with your bullshit and for teaching me how disgusting a father can treat his own daughter, your welcome."

I ended the call and quickly called Uncle Mark. He answered on the the third ring and I told him what happened. He laughed and made tears come to my eyes when he called me his daughter.

He has been telling me for the pass four years that I should tell his brother-in-law my mind, but it wasn't the right time since they had Quasey. I couldn't call them, but they sure could call me whenever they're in a bad mood and have new plans to ruin or control my life.

Throwing my phone to the side, I continue watering my plants because I had to do some reading before getting ready for the date.

I locked up my house and went inside, washing my hands before grabbing snacks to bring to the office. I took almost half of the orange cake along with my water bottle. I got comfortable in the couch inside my office and continued on the page that I was on.

My job was to basically read all manuscripts, make corrections, create a summary of the story that Rutherford's publishing house will send out to Seattle to be made in paperback. It was an honour to be the first group of people to read these stories and the I just happens to get a little romance mixed with mystery and thriller. It was a dream to have this job part-time as it payed well, but greater if I was doing full time. I however was greedy for more and took another professors offer in working at a new bakery and restaurants they were opening.

The alarm set on my phone went off when I was almost finished reading the manuscript but since the killer was about to be revealed, I ignored it and continue reading. When I finished, I gasp at not only the killer being someone close to the character but I was going to be late.

I took up my empty plate and exited the office, I just had to put it in the kitchen sink before rushing outside to take the clothes and sheets from the clothing line then ran upstairs. The shower was a quick one as I needed time to properly lotion my legs with my favourite coca butter cream and straighten my hair. After that, I wasted no time to put on my thigh length designer dress and jewelleries. I didn't keep any shoes upstairs so I had to go downstairs in the shoe closet for it. I just have to grab my phone from the office to put in my clutch.