Chapter 14

"Okay." I mumbled, blushing so I looked away. "As I was saying, my family is also political, my dad is a die-hearted politician and he does every and anything to get himself a seat. In the cultural area, they got their hands on an old plantation and turned the place in a tourist attraction. Just like me, uncle Mark is also the black sheep of the family, we got the chance to avoid an arranged marriage as to why we decided to start over from scratch."

"You've met the man you were suppose to marry?" He enquired and I laughed.

"I grew up with him, he's my brother's best friend and he's more like a brother to me than anything else."

"Oh." He scoffed and I smile, touching his hand.

"Although he was angry for what my family did and me also becoming pregnant, he too saw me as family. He's mainly in love with my best friend back home." I explained.

"That's great." He added and I rolled my eyes. "It seems I'll have to get something done about those eyes, love."

"Nothing needs to be done, my eyes are fine." He only hums so I continue telling him about my family and childhood but the moment I told him the history of Quasey father, he was angry about the bribe. It took a while to calm him down but not fully, he was furious.

He serve desert and I was loving the slice of rainbow cake, it was delicious except for the icing that was a bit bitter.

"Where do you see yourself in the next five years?" I asked Randall as I licked the icing from the fork, he was too busy watching so I had to repeat the question.

"Um... Preferably still working at the company, hopefully married and having a little family to come home to every evening." He said while rubbing his thumb over my hand that he was holding.

"Tell me about your company?"

"It's companies actually." He corrects me. "The main one is Clover enterprises that deals with everything from bird's eye security, to law enforcement and technology, it's a group of people who stop hackers from around the world who's main goal is to rob from every business men and women who sign a contract with us. The second mainly deals with shipment, import and export of petrol, as well as having our own gas stations around the state. The last however is a little different, it's a chain of restaurants we have around the state, you'll be working in the first one to have a bakery." He looked at my face to notice a chance in my expression but I gave away nothing.

"So, you'll be my boss then." I added and he shook his head.

"No, not quite. Your boss is Lance Woods, his boss is Owen potter while his boss is me." He explained and I laughed.

"You're the boss of my boss, who has another boss, who has another boss to answer to." I listed and he nods. "So I'll be fucking the top boss."

"No, you'll be the top boss girlfriend and soon to be fiancé." He smirked and I rolled my eyes yet again. "Yet you forgot that as the head chef you'll be the boss inside the kitchen."

"I guess I will be, but not forever." I teased, but he didn't see it as a joke.

"What won't be forever?"

"Me being under the top boss outside our bedroom." I mumbled and he laughed loudly.

"Sounds good."

_

We left the hotel an hour after desert and drove in the opposite direction of home. "Where are we going?"

"My house, our future home." He answered, lifting my hand to kiss my knuckles.

"Oh, but I didn't bring anything to wear."