5| Friendship

A few weeks have gone by and I've been following a specific routine that is played out like a game. I made trips to the hospital on Sundays after church service but leave to get to dinner with the family, Tuesday during lunch before heading back to work, Thursday morning before work, Friday after dropping off Quasey at my Uncle's home and Saturday I spent the longest hours.

It was a whole three months since Mister Mayweather has been admitted, just for the first time in a while I couldn't make it to the hospital. What I did instead was send lunch and smoothies to my two favourite people. The mummified man and nurse Tia. I made sure to leave a note, informing them that I would be busy this week but will be there when I'm available.

Truthfully, I wasn't busy but caught myself giving this man so much of my time as if I was devoted to him. Pushing the ring at the back of my drawer, I took Quasey with me to a park nearby.

I've spent the day chasing behind him then relaxing on a blanket as he reads pictures to me. I laughed at the way he described the images then make multiple fake laugher so I could fake it with him, only my own were real. He made me laugh so hard that tears comes to my eyes and the result had me kissing all over his face when he started pushing me away.

"Ew!"

"Excuse me young man. If I can't kiss you then it means you don't love me anymore." I gasped, faking a sad look.

"Sorry mummy, shower me with kisses." He got up on his knees and held my cheeks, pushing his cheek to my lips. "Go on."

Grabbing him my the waist, I did what he asked me to. Showering him with kisses until he was laughing then gasping for air.

"Lavender." A familiar voice called, so I looked up quickly and gasp softly at the familiar face.

"Heather." I whispered. My eyes trailed over her figure then I gasp loudly this time. "You're pregnant."

"Unfortunately." She scoffed and I stilled, unsure of her reaction. Suddenly her eyes filled with tears and she hugged herself. "I'm sorry. Grandpa told me what happened but I was just upset with you for keeping it a secret for so long. I didn't think you'd leave but I've pushed you away, I'm an idiot. Lavender please, forgive me... I..."

"There's nothing to forgive. You didn't do anything but feel betrayed and hurt which I understand." I told her, looking at Quasey staring up at her. "Would you like to join us?"

"I don't wanna impose more than I already have..."

"Nonsense. Sit and let me properly introduce you to the love of my life. Quasey Garvey, this is Aunty Heather and Aunty Heather this is your nephew Q." I introduced and Q being the little boss he was, held his tiny hand out for Heather to shake. She laughed a bit while shaking his hand and he grinned.

"I have blue teeth, see? Mummy gave me the bubble gum with sour blue juice inside. Want one Aunty?" He asked her digging through the picnic basket for the last bubblegum.

He puts it in her hand and she thanked him. He stood here with widened eyes and points down at the sweety. "He wants you to eat it, he did the same with me."

"Oh okay." She opened the wrapper and puts it in her mouth then he turns to me.

"We gon be twins mummy. Me, you and Aunty has blue teeth." He giggled almost wickedly.

"Triplet baby." I corrected him but he ignored me and went back to his book so I strikes up a conversation with my old beat friend.

"So you're pregnant. Congratulations." Tell her but she didn't look happy. "Are you okay?"

"Apparently not. Let's just say I'm a single parent like yourself." She sighed, looking down at the size of her stomach. "An I'm embarrassed because it was a one-night-stand with a stranger and I'm three months along."