Chapter 26

Aurora

I don't know how I did it, but I managed to avoid Charlotte all day. I had no choice but to go back to our room to shower and get ready for this evening and I just prayed she wouldn't dare come back. And I was right. I guess she knew it would be the right decision to not come back and face me yet. Not until I was ready.

I showered, washed my hair and scrubbed for at least 10 minutes. I wanted to wash away last night, act like it never happened. I wanted the feeling of Blazes warm hands wrapped around me down the drain. The way his soft lips felt against mine. I wanted it all gone.

I curled my hair and did quite a party makeup look. A light brown eye and a bright red lip. The perfect combo. I very rarely wore red lipstick. But when I did. It meant trouble. I decided on a black body con dress, with black heels but a red bag to tie it all together.

I looked in the mirror and well, damn I look pretty frickin good.

Scarlet arrives around 7. She caught word that the party starts at 7:30, so that gives us enough time to sneak out and walk there. Plus we don't want to get there early.

"Are we seriously doing this?" I practically screamed in Scarlets face.

"Well I definitely am! It just depends if you're coming with me?"

"Hell yeah I am."

"That's my type of girl."

We both laugh. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. You're probably thinking I'm an idiot. Who goes to a strangers party with a girl I've only spoke to in lessons. Maybe I'm on a downward spiral, but I just want to get away. To party. To dance and to bloody drink. And if there's lots of hot boys there then it's a big bonus.

We grab our bags and head on our way. It wasn't too hard to sneak away from camp, as it was our last night we were allowed to explore the town a little and then just be in the cabins. So, that what we're doing; exploring town.

We pull up in front of the little local pub not far into town. It's a beautiful cobblestone place, with plants and flowers surrounding it. I can only imagine how beautiful this looks in the summer!  We stare at the building, none of us making the first move.

"I'm nervous." I tell Scarlet. I mean I had every right to be. We were in a random town about to go into a random pub invited by a random person. But after my night yesterday could it really get any worse? I really doubt it.

"Being honest? Me too." She laughs. "But we need to do this."  She grabs my hand and practically drags me through the door.

The place is quite busy. There's a dj, with a small dance floor which is starting to fill up as 'dance the night' by Dua Lipa plays. We head straight for the bar and order a round of shots to get the night going. The bartender looks us up and down but doesn't even bother to ask for our ID.

"Imagine he doesn't show up." I shout to Scarlet over the music.

"Then we dance the night away." And with that queue she's ordering us both a vodka and lemonade and we head for the small dance floor. When I say small you can genuinely fit about 10 people on here, but we squeeze our way into the middle.

After dancing to about 6 songs and somehow managing to down two more drinks I'm starting to feel very merry.

"Hey, 2 o'clock." Scarlets whispers and looks in the direction.

I do a slow turn to see Jack heading this way. He's even more gorgeous tonight. I mean maybe it's the lighting, maybe it's the drinks or maybe he's just been blessed by the gods. He's wearing a cream crew neck with some beige smart pants. He's also with some very attractive friends.