Chapter 22

Aurora

After the most awkward journey, we finally made it back to the lodge. I was humiliated and sad. Humiliated that I even had to ask Blaze that question but I was so sad that our time together was coming to an end. I didn't speak the whole way home. I didn't know what to say. Well, I wanted to say please can we just forget everything and be best friends again but of course I didn't. I missed him, miss him. I had the best day, I wish it wasn't over.

Ahhh. My bed. Well, not my bed but my bed for now. Thinking about it, I haven't actually slept in the bed yet. The first night I was locked in Blazes room and the second I was in bed with Blaze. God. Considering I try to avoid him as much as I can I'm not doing a very good job at it.

"So, my beautiful Aurora. Did you finally get frisky with Blaze?" Charlotte nudges me while taking a seat on ''my' bed.

"Are you brain dead?" I stare at her with a straight face.

"God, you could have just said no." She laughs.

"No."

We laugh.

"I'm so sorry you got stuck there with him of all people."

"Honestly, it could have been worse. Considering the circumstances it was actually quite a nice time. We were drunk for most of it."

"Oh good! I was worrying all night. I even thought, he wouldn't kill her would he?" She questions.

"I don't think he would." I laugh, confused, because I'm only 99% sure he wouldn't. "What about you? Get up to much?"

"Not really. A few of us hung out together, but other than that I was just here in bed watching movies."

"Oh what a blast."

"Don't even joke Rory. I know you'd much rather be doing that than socialise." She laughs. And she's right.

"Cmon let's watch some movies and get a good night rest for tomorrow." I smile.

"Yes and let's hope this challenge goes better than the lost one."

We laugh.