Chapter 14

Aurora

After the Chinese, Blaze left pretty quickly. I think he could tell that our short time of our old lives was coming to an end. I am so grateful that I had him over this period of time but my god how I wish he hadn't of been so I could hate him even more. But it seems every time I tried, I grew to hate him a little less.

I guess having your cousin die makes everyone forget that you were pushed into a pool and was practically drowning. I dreaded coming back to college, to be humiliated again after what I've been through but it seems even from the grave Rose was helping me out.

"Morning sexy" Char hugs me as I arrive outside the building.

"Someone's happy." I smile.

"I'm happy because you seem happier."

"I am I suppose. I'm really trying."

"Good! Because we have these exams coming up and I need you in the right head frame to get A*s."

"That's pushing it abit, no?"

"No way! I know you're capable of getting A*s so I don't want to hear it."

I laugh. And it feels so good. To laugh again and genuinely mean it.

"Cmon, let's go to class."

Literature. My lesson with him.

"Hi sir. Is there any chance I can have an extra day on this paper?" I ask as I enter the classroom.

"After your recent circumstances, I'm willing to let you have an extra day to complete this assignment."

"Thankyou Sir. I really appreciate it."

I sit down in my seat and get my essentials out. My notebook. My iPad and my highlighters.

"Psst" I hear from behind me.

I turn round to find Ethan sitting there. Since when was he in this class? Then again. I never really looked for him, I didn't even know he existed before I fell in the pool.

"Hey." I smile.

"Hey. Are you okay? I heard what happened, I'm sorry."

"I'm doing okay thanks."

"Look, I know it might be too soon. But I'd love to take you again and hopefully it will be just me and you this time?" He laughs.

Maybe going out with him again might help get my mind of things a bit.

"Yeah sure, I'd really like that."

"How about tonight?"

"I can't tonight, I've got this assignment to finish and it's already over due."

"How about I come over and help you? I've completed mine."

"Okay sure. But I mean it, we are doing my paper."

"Yes Rory." He smiles.

I turn back round and feel Blazes gaze burning into the side of my head. I hadn't seen or spoke to him since he left my house. He really was telling the truth when he said things would go back to how they were. It's like it never even happened. So why was he staring at me? What could he possibly but conjuring up next.

The rest of the lesson went pretty quickly, we're just doing our own revision for these exams coming up. So it's pretty chill.

"Okay guys, just a quick reminder before you go to give in your permission slips for the trip this weekend."