Chapter 18

Aurora

Wow. Not only, was I locked in a room with two people who hate me more than anything, but now I've been elbowed in the face by a 6ft 2 man mid fight. My face is on fire.

"Sorry." Marcus sheepishly smiles as he hands me a cold flannel.

"Me too."

"Why are you sorry?"

"Because I can only presume you guys were arguing about me."

"Blaze, just has issues."

"You don't have to tell me twice." I laugh through the pain.

Marcus has actually shown me a different side tonight. We started playing charades of all games. And it was so funny. I never thought me and him could have things in common and actually have a good time together.

"Are you okay though? Your face looks pretty banged up." I ask.

"I can't lie. I think the alcohol and adrenaline is suppressing the pain so maybe ask me again in the morning haha"

"Okay, Marcus."

•••

I'm woken up, again to banging on the door. I roll over and see Marcus in the bed next to me and Blaze on the floor with a blanket. Any other time I'd feel bad but I hope he rots down there.

I must have fallen asleep because the last thing I can remember is chatting to Marcus in the bathroom. I wonder if him and Blaze made up before falling asleep. At least they had some respect to let me sleep in the bed. Then again how did I actually get in the bed?

I'm scared to move though. I don't want to face them but I want to get the hell out of here. Then again the door is locked. And anyway how do I even get out of here without the teachers seeing me.

"Rory."

I hear Blaze whisper.

I ignore him.

"Rory are you awake?"

I ignore him again. I don't want to talk to him.

In the light that I have, coming in from the window, I see him stand up and hover over me.

"I can see that you're awake."

I roll over the other way.

"Okay, you don't want to talk. Fine. But you can listen."

Okay Dad.

"I'm sorry. Not for everything or for even fighting Marcus but for physical violence on a girl. Now that's not right. I obviously didn't mean to, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. But I am genuinely sorry."

"I know it was accident. And Thankyou for the apology but I don't accept it because it wouldn't of happened if you weren't a dick and weren't fighting your best friend."

He doesn't respond. I guess we'll leave it at that.

"Morning party animals."

"Charlotte?"

Omg. I jump out of the bed and run into her arms. "How did you get in here?"

"I snuck into the teachers lounge and stole the key so can we please be quick."

"Omg you're a life saver." I practically cry.

"Wait, what the fuck happened to your face?" She stops in her tracks.