Nothing about the way he was looking at me felt like home.

"You don't know what I was going to say." I half whispered with my heart sinking.

"I have a pretty good feeling that I do." He said, his demeanor still cold. Hostile almost.

"What's going on?" I questioned with evident worry. "Why are you acting like this?"

Harry sighed, his eyes breaking from mine as he raised them up towards the darkening sky around us, thunder rumbling from somewhere in the distance. "I'm leaving."

"Y—" My sentence cut off, my stomach feeling like it had just been round housed. "What do you mean you're leaving?"

"Exactly like it sounds." He said harshly. "I'm not staying here."

I feel like I'm going to be sick. "Can I ask why?"

"I don't want to stay." He looked down to the ground.

"Is everyone else—"

"No." He cut me off. "I'm leaving myself. Everyone else is staying."

"But I don't want you to go." I said without thinking.

Harry's eyes shifted up to mine again, his brows staying in their furrowed state. "I'm leaving regardless."

I feel like this can't be real.

It can't be, can it?

This has to be some sort of sick nightmare that I'm having. Maybe I actually did end up falling asleep on the plane. Maybe at any second I'll wake up and realize that none of this actually happened.

"Did I do something wrong?" I questioned as my throat began to feel like it was closing up on itself. "Did I upset you somehow?"

"No, Rori." Harry shook his head, a sigh leaving him. "Not all of my decisions have to do with something you've done."

I recoiled from his words, "I never said they did... It was just a question."

"You ask too many fuckin' questions." He said bitterly.

I pursed my lips, the knot in my throat growing larger. "Thought you said they didn't bother you anymore."

"Yeah, well, they do." He shrugged.

"Why are you treating me like this?" My lips trembled, my voice nearly betraying me as I tried to keep it level.

"I'm not—"

"Yes you are." I interrupted before he could even try to deny it. "You're acting like you did when I first came to live here, and I don't deserve that. You said that I haven't upset you, so just tell me what's going on." I swallowed harshly to try and rid the thick emotion from my voice, "Tell me why you left New York, and tell me why you're leaving us here."

"A lot happened in New York and I needed to get back here." Harry tried to dismiss. "I had to get away." His eyes shifted to the house, "And I can't be here."

"Why?" I prodded, "Is it because you said something—"

"Don't bring it up." His eyes snapped to meet mine.

I nodded, my lips drawing into a thin line as I met his eyes. "You didn't mean it, did you?"

There was a beat of silence. We stood staring at each other, less than ten feet of distance between us as I waited for him to say something.

Harry scoffed at me, "I mean, come on, Rori. I've told you for two months that I don't believe in that shit. I've told you that it's all just fuckin' fabricated and made up. How many times have we had that conversation?"