56

I woke up to the harsh morning sun coming down through the sky light, my eyes squinting against the brightness as I stretched out my stiff limbs in the empty bed.

Wait— empty bed?

I looked around and realized that neither Harry or Jake were anywhere to be seen. They weren't on the balcony from what I could see and Harry wasn't in the bathroom, I could tell since the door was left open with the light off.

I sat up in the bed and reached over to see the sheets. Harrys side was already cold showing that he had been gone for a while at this point. I got out of the bed and walked out onto the balcony to look into the backyard to see if he was back there, but it was empty.

Deciding it was better to not think much of it I walked to my duffle bag and got out the medication I needed and dumped them into my hand. I tried to push away any thoughts of where Harry was or why he didn't wake me up to tell me that he was leaving, but of course that small part of me felt like he got what he wanted from me and now things were going to go back to how they used to be with us.

But I want to believe that isn't true. He was being nice last night after everything happened and even had me come closer to lay with him.

Plus, he's been trying more lately and I refuse to believe that he would go back to how he was in the beginning. He's made so much progress recently.

I stepped out of the room and pulled the door shut behind me, my bare feet padding against the cool floor as I made my way down the hallway. Harrys shirt fell just above my mid thighs, his boxers poking out just beneath the hemline so I was decently covered up without exposing anything.

I ran my hand back through my hair, my fingers working out the few knots that had formed while I was sleeping as I walked down the stairs. I was still a bit groggy, somehow still tired after a full nights sleep.

As I made it further down the stairs I could hear music coming from the first floor, the sound becoming more and more clear as I got closer. It was then that I realized that everyone might have come home and Harry probably came down to see them or talk to them about whatever it was that they were doing when they went to San Diego.

As I made it to the ground level I quickly debated over in my head how I would explain why it was that I was wearing Harrys shirt and boxers... I ran through a few options but I figured telling them that I ran out of clothes would be the only choice I had, and it seemed like the best one honestly.

It technically was the truth anyway.

As I stepped into the kitchen I saw Harry with his back to me, the marks on his shoulder showing me that I did in fact break skin last night when he told me to drag my nails down him harder. He was standing shirtless by the stove, a pair of grey sweats hanging low on his hips as he worked. The muscles in his back flexed as he made the simplest of movements, my eyes seemingly stuck in place on him.

After regaining myself a bit I moved towards the pantry in the far corner past the island counter. Harry stood in the middle of the kitchen so I walked behind him, near the wall, and headed to get a water bottle. I slipped into the pantry without much noise, the music covering any sound that I made.

I grabbed a bottle, tossed my medicine into my mouth and gulped back half of the bottle before heading back out to the kitchen.

Harrys head turned towards me as I shut the pantry door, a smile curling up on the corner of his lips. "Hey."

"Hey." I greeted back, my eyes falling down to look at the stove now that I could see it.

"Oh— uh, decided to make breakfast." I looked back up at him to see that he was looking back towards the pancakes he was making on the stove. "You hungry?"