04

TW: talk and details of torture and murder

"You shouldn't have done that." Dylan's voice was low as he spoke to me.

His head dipped low as he looked up at me through his lashes making me feel as if I was going to pass out right here on his bedroom floor.

I could practically feel the anger dripping off of him.

I really shouldn't have done that. I know I shouldn't have. The realization of what I did was now coursing through me as I took in Dylan's appearance and I regretted my actions more than anything.

I knew better than to provoke him.

I know better than to give him a reason to want to hurt me. So why would I do that?

In a split second decision I turned and ran as fast as I could from him towards the bedroom door. His footsteps were heavy as they landed behind me swiftly, my heart nearly stopping knowing he was following after me.

I fumbled with the lock, my shaky hands betraying me as I tried my hardest to steady them and unlock the door before he reached me.

My breathing was erratic and there was a ringing in my ears that was so high pitched it was causing my vision to blur. The sickening fear I felt in the pit of my stomach was starting to make me break out in a sweat.

I think I'm going to pass out.

I felt a hand on my shoulder quickly snatching me around to face him. I let out a sob begging him to stop, but I knew it wouldn't change anything. It seemed as if my tears only fueled him further.

Every time.

I screamed as loud as I could for help. My throat felt like I swallowed shards of glass from how desperately loud I had screamed in hopes that someone would hear me. As I screamed he let out a devilish laugh feeding off of my fear like it was all some kind of sick game to him.

My bottom lip trembled as I met his eyes. Cold. Lifeless. Blue eyes.

"Rori!"

I snapped my eyes open, not able to process my surroundings, sweat coating my body as I panted for breath.

"Rori, I'm here! It's me, it's Chloe." I heard a muffled voice speaking to my right.

I snapped my head over to see Chloe's panic struck eyes searching mine as she gripped my hand tightly in hers.

I swallowed, straining against my raw throat as I brought my hands up to my head to try and control the pounding pressure in my temples. I continued to take in deep breaths and hold them for a few seconds before letting them out slowly to try and get my erratic breathing under control.

I haven't had one of these in over a year. I thought I had finally grown out of them but I guess not...

"What happened?" Chloe spoke softly to me after a few minutes when my breathing had gone back to normal.

"Night terror." I mumbled with my head still in my hands as the pounding continued to course through my temples.

"When did those start?" Chloe's meek voice asked, trying to grip onto any bit of information I was willing to offer her.

I sighed before leaning back into the couch pulling my knees up to my chest hugging them. "When I was ten." I let out a bitter laugh. "It was just another thing for my mom to bitch at me about, as if I could actually help it."

My nightmares started when I was really young, but they didn't turn into night terrors until I was about ten.

My mom hated it. She would complain about me keeping her up at night. She'd tell me to stop them like I had some sort of control over it. Trust me, if it was my choice I wouldn't have had them.