68

It's my birthday. 

I am officially twenty two.

Chloe FaceTimed me this morning and spent the better part of an hour talking to me. When I answered the call Harry had to sneak out of the room and close the door without a sound so that Chloe wouldn't notice anything.

My aunt also called me, her singsong voice ringing out cheerfully as soon as I answered the phone. Her husband, Zach, also said hi to me. It was a short phone call, but one that made my day all the better.

As soon as I got downstairs Millie started playing 22 by Taylor Swift. Harry, of course, rolled his eyes at her choice in song, but he didn't comment on it.

Thalia made my favorite breakfast, french toast with powdered sugar and strawberries. Niall made mimosas and everyone sang happy birthday to me.

I've never felt so special in my life.

Everyone gave me gifts, Harry included. I guess the necklace was just something special he wanted to give to me without the interference of everyone watching us.

Thalia gave me a gift card to a shop that she knows Millie and I like going to. Jade gave me an at home spa set, which I cannot wait to use. Millie got me a few outfits and said, "Rori, I love you and I know it's your birthday... but you really need to let me help you step up your fashion game." Which is understandable. I do wear a lot of sweat pants...

Liam and Louis got me a few bottles of alcohol each, but they gifted them together. They said they went out for them together and just put them in the same bag instead of buying separate ones, which is typical of them.

Niall... gave me a gun. He said that it's his favorite gun and has saved his life a few times so I better treat it well. The thought of holding a gun that has been used to kill someone was terrifying, but I guess it's the thought that counts.

Harrys gift was given to me last.

In natural Harry fashion it couldn't just be something simple. He literally blindfolded me and guided me upstairs. Why did he not just blindfold me after the stairs? I'm still asking myself the same question.

He took my hand in his and led me through the second story hallway to a part of the house I have yet to go to. I could hear the scattered footsteps of everyone behind us as he continued down the long hall. Until finally, he stopped. My body nearly crashed into his from the sudden lack of movement, everyone else's footsteps halting as well.

I hear a door creak open, Harry guiding me once again to start walking. With my vision gone my sense of smell seemed heightened, hints of musk and earthy scents filled my nose as we moved to what I assumed to be the center of the room.

Stopping in front of me Harry dropped my hand and lifted his up to the blindfold, "You ready?"

I nodded eagerly, "Yes."

Without another word Harry pulled the blindfold from my eyes, his face the first thing that I was able to see from where he stood in front of me. I ran my eyes over his face for a moment, appreciating his natural beauty in the light of the room before I turned my head slightly to the side, something in my peripheral now catching my attention.

I turned to the left and took in the glorious sight before me. A wall to wall bookshelf, books stuffed full on each of the shelves. Some old and worn, others seemingly brand new.

I turned to look at Harry with questioning eyes. A dimple popping smile was carved onto his face as he watched me, "They're all yours." He said lightly. "I know you like to read and all your books were left in Oregon so I thought you might like some more. Some are old ones of mine and others are ones that I had shipped here."