Though, I guess if Liam and Millie ever get married all of them will technically be "real" family, right?

Growing up a certain part of me always wanted a sibling. I never wanted them to go through what I was, but I did want someone to actually have a bond with. I never had friends and my mom and dad could clearly care less about me, so a part of me always wanted a sibling just so I could feel like I was less alone.

I think that's why I clung to Chloe the way that I did. She was without her siblings for the first time in her life and I was desperate for a family of my own. Chloe and I found each other when we both needed it the most and I will forever be grateful for that.

Harry and Niall are still going to New York next week, so the plan is still in motion to get Chloe and bring her here with us. The day that I finally get to tell her everything and explain everything that has been happening will be one of the happiest days of my life. It has been killing me to lie to her. I hate not being able to tell her what's going on.

And even more I hate feeling like I am invalidating her feelings by subtly trying to convince her to not get the police involved with the person who is following her.

She told me that they have backed off, but that still doesn't ease her anxiety over the situation. I just wish that I could tell her that everything will be alright. I wish that I could help to try and ease the worry that she is constantly feeling.

I just can't wait until I finally get to hug her. To apologize to her.

"Where'd you go?"

My eyes zeroed back in from the unfocused stare that I had on my plate of food. I quickly flicked my eyes up to see Harry watching me from across the table.

I started to refocus on the present, everything around me becoming less hazy. The feeling of the fork in my fingers. Seeing Harry in front of me. Feeling the air conditioning blowing down on me from the vent above. Hearing the lyrics of Killer Queen, by Queen.

"Caviar and cigarettes. Well-versed in etiquette. Extraordinarily nice, she's a killer queen."

"I'm okay." I smiled to Harry, my eyes flashing back down to my plate of food.

"I didn't ask if you were okay." He replied softly.

I glanced back up at him, my eyes flashing to the side to see that the seats next to us down to the end where Thalia, Jade and Millie were, were empty. I guess Niall, Louis and Liam were back in the buffet line.

"You zoned out." Harry murmured, voice low enough that the girls at the other end couldn't hear him. "You do that when you're thinking too much about something."

"No, I'm—"

Harry's face twitched before I could finish my sentence. I hate how good he's gotten at reading me. He's able to pick up on any small change in my mood, whether it's a facial expression or a slight difference in my tone.

"Okay, fine... I'm just thinking about Chloe." I confessed. "I know that you and Niall are going to get her from New York next week, but I just can't help but wish it was sooner. I know that you have to be strategic about it. But I just miss her. And... it's killing me that her life is about to change the same way that mine did."

"But she's going to have you to help her through it." I could hear the stress in Harry's voice as he tried to ease my anxiety over the situation.

"I know." I nodded. "I know that. I just don't want her to hate me for potentially ruining her life, too."

Harry stared at me for a moment, his movements at stabbing the pasta on his plate stopping at my words. "You think coming here ruined your life?"

My brows raised, "Oh god, no, Harry. I didn't mean it like that. I said that completely wrong. I shouldn't have said 'too'. What I meant is that Chloe has a family and has a life and other friends that are there in New York." I leaned forward and slid my hand across the table so that I could take his hand in mine. "I didn't have anyone that checked in on me daily, and I had no other friends than Chloe. I don't think that coming to live with you ruined my life. I would never think that."