I instantly wanted to slap myself for allowing myself to sound so vulnerable in front of him. That's the last thing that I want.

"I told you, Chris," Todd spoke again, taking a few steps towards us. "She's nothing special. I don't know what it is that she has over Harry or the others, but the sooner that she is eliminated, the better for everyone. You can stop worrying about the work that hasn't been getting done and Harry can finally get back on track— That boy is in serious need of a retrain."

Eliminated? Did he just say eliminated? As in, getting rid of me?

I watched as Chris tilted his head, his lips pursing as his eyes scanned over my face. "Let's not jump to any rash decisions here, Todd... I'm not so sure that she actually has anything over any of them... I mean, I'm sure that Rori here would tell us anything we needed to know, right?" He gave me another dangerous smile. "It's okay sweetheart, you can trust me."

The laugh escaped from my lips before I could stop it. At the sound my face matched theirs, one of pure shock.

Shit. Shit. Shit. Oh no.

A gut wrenching fear instantly pitted its way into the bottom of my stomach. I can't believe I just laughed at Harrys father like that.

"What's so funny?" Todd snapped.

I didn't answer his question. Instead I just stared at the two men in front of me with a hollow expression as I fought to think of what to do or say next.

"I asked you a fuckin' question." Todd snarled at me. "You have a real problem with not answering me when I'm speaking to you, don't you?"

Both times I have met Todd I haven't answered any of his questions. Being in the position that he is in I'm sure that he isn't used to that. Being this close with Chris I'm sure that he has people falling over their own feet trying to give him all the answers. Yet, here I am. Staring at him with a blank expression as he continues to sit in his growing rage.

"I'll ask you one more time." In a matter of seconds he had drawn a gun from behind his back and had it aimed at me.

Once again I found myself at the other end of one of his guns.

A new sense of fear ran through me, my lips parting in a heavy exhale as I stared down the length of the gun to Todd. My hammering heart felt like it was about to come out of my chest, yet I still didn't say a word to him.

Chris tilted his head as he looked to Todd, "Is that really necessary?"

"I'm tired of this bitch thinking that she doesn't have to listen to—"

As soon as Todds eyes had shifted away from me my hand was through the slit of my dress and wrapped around my own gun. Before his eyes could move back to me from looking at Chris I had my gun pointed at him, the safety off and cocked ready to fire.

I stared straight ahead of me, my finger resting on the trigger as both Todd and Chris turned to look at me sharing an expression.

I surprised them.

I think I'm wearing the same shock as them at the moment. I don't know what came over me or why I even thought to reach for my gun, but there was no going back now.

I know that I had it in case of danger, but earlier tonight the thought of pointing it at someone outweighed any danger that I might have been feeling. 

Yet now, here I am. Pointing a gun at Todd while Harry's father sat back and watched.

"I don't feel obligated to answer any of your questions Todd, and I don't appreciate you calling me a bitch." My words didn't even feel like they were coming from me as I spoke them