Chapter 3

Rain imagined that the interview was in an office building, probably something made out of glass and concrete, grey and ugly, that's why he was so surprised to find a large and nice mansion exactly at the address written in the e-mail he received. He rang the doorbell and the gate soon opened, he quickly reached the entrance and was greeted by a butler, who asked him the reason of his visit.

"I've received an e-mail saying that someone is looking for an assistant, is this the right address, sir?" Rain asked with the politest tone he could pull out and showed the little piece of paper where he wrote the address. The old elegant man nodded and opened the door, then he asked the young architect to follow him.

Rain couldn't help but look around, that house was simply perfect, it was luxurious without looking vulgar. He noticed that the old man stopped by a door and turned to him.

"Wait here, I'll see if he's ready to meet you" the butler said before knocking on the door. Venice told him to enter and asked him what was going on. Rain could clearly hear him even if the door was closed, he soon realized that the man on the other side was quite irritated for some reason, then he heard the butler's reply:

"There is a young guy here for the interview, should I let him enter?"

"Yes, wait outside though, so that you can take him to the exit when we are done, please" Venice responded. Soon after that, Rain heard the steps of the old man coming closer to the door. He waited silently until the butler opened the door and told him to enter. Rain walked to the desk and remained standing. Venice finished checking something on his laptop, then he turned to the young guy and said:

"Sit down, please" Venice said trying to force a smile, then he added: "You're the first one to come here today. I'm Venice Theerapanyakul Saengtham, what's your name? I hope you provided the documents mentioned in the e-mail you've received"

Rain sat down, he nodded and immediately handed him the papers he was talking about, then he introduced himself and waited as he noticed that Venice was checking the curriculum.

"There isn't much to ask considering all the things you wrote in your CV, and to be honest I really don't know what I should ask you, the job is pretty easy too, you will have to check my schedule, control e-mails. We may also work on some projects together in some situations. I suppose that you've already seen the proposed salary" Venice said and Rain responded that he saw it as well.

"Very good then. I don't know if there will be any other architects that will come for the interview, you've also put your phone number on the cv so I will call you in the evening to tell you if you got the job or not. It was a pleasure, the butler will lead you to the exit" Venice said and stood up, Rain thanked him very much, then he left with the old man that escorted him out of the building.

Noeul looked out of the window and noticed his brother walking out of the minor family's mansion. He felt his phone buzzing, he immediately recognized that it was the number of one of his usual clients, he walked to the desk and switched on his laptop, he clicked on the program of the automatic text to voice program and eventually picked up the call:

"N. Shipping Services, how may I help you today? Mr. Kim, it is a pleasure for me to hear your voice again, do you want to make a present for your wife again? Sure, you know the procedure, half now and half after the package arrives, you already have my bank account, don't you? Send the location and an image of the item in an hour and you will receive your object tomorrow in the evening. It is always a pleasure to do business with you, sir"

Rain didn't really know what to do, he was so nervous because of that short interview that he didn't even have dinner, he just put the phone in the center of the table in the dining room and walked up and down in front of it, waiting for that young, good looking...

"Hey! Get yourself back together, Rain!" he shouted to himself after slapping his own cheeks. He had to calm down, it was just a job interview, nothing more, nothing less. He sat down on the couch and just as he did so, the phone started ringing. It didn't even have to ring twice, Rain almost jumped onto the table to grab the phone and pick up the call.

"Hello?"

"Rain?" Venice asked from the other side.

"Khun Venice? What may I do for you?" Was his voice that hot before?

"I wanted to inform you that since nobody else came for the interview today, I would like you to start coming to work by tomorrow, is it possible?" Venice asked.

"Sure! What time?"

"9 am will be fine, the first day won't be too hard, I will explain you what you're supposed to do and let you get familiar with out tools. Do you have any other questions?"

"No, everything is clear"

"Alright, good bye"

"Good bye!"