Chapter 9

Venice, while being mostly underwater in the marble bathtub, couldn't help but think about his new assistant and his simply adorable behavior. Whenever he closed his eyes, that cute face reappeared to smile at him, making him blush a little bit. He opened his eyes and sat up after he heard someone knocking on the door of the bathroom, he asked who was there and his personal maid replied:

"Khun Venice, d... do you have a moment?" the young girl asked hesitantly.

"Y... yeah, sure... just a second, so I can get dressed..." Payu replied. He sighed and got out of the water, he used a towel to remove the water from his body and took the underpants and the linen shirt for the night, then he walked out of the bathroom and walked to the desk near the window, he sat down and turned to the maid with his usual kind and polite smile.

"So, what may I do for you?"

"Khun Venice... I... I really don't know how to put this but... ummm... well... ummm..."

"Sophie, you don't have to worry about anything, you should know that you can tell me whatever you won't, unless you want to tell me that you were disrespectful to papa" Venice added chuckling a little at the end. The young girl chuckled nervously and took a deep breath. She looked at the handsome young man in front of her and tried to find the right words to say what her heart felt:

"Khun Venice... I... I think it is time I tell you that... that... I think I love you!" the maid said and immediately looked away as she noticed that Venice's expression changed instantly.

"Oh..." this is all Venice managed to say at first.

"I'm so sorry, Khun Venice... I shouldn't.. I should..." she stuttered.

"Calm down Sophie, there is no need to be so nervous. I'm sorry to tell you that I will never be able to feel for you what you feel for me..."

"I shouldn't have said that... I don't want you to feel..."

"How do you think that I will feel? I'm sorry that a kind girl like you has to endure such pain because her love interest can't feel the same for her, however your feeling can only make me flattered, I'm happy that you managed to say it out loud."

"If you want to fire me you have all the r-" the maid said.

"No. You can't believe that I can be that petty. Anyway, if you feel uncomfortable working for me after what you just confessed, I'm sure that the major family will be happy to welcome you among their staff. I've heard that uncle Kim was looking for someone... " Payu said, the girl kissed him on the lips and immediately stepped back.

Venice glared at her instinctively but he tried to regain control, he stood up and sighed annoyed.

"Sophie, I think that working for the major family is the best choice. I'll call my uncle tomorrow after breakfast, you can go now..."

"Do you want me to prepare your clothes for tomor-"

"I can do it myself. I'm sure you're tired, you should go to rest, good night..." Payu said. That was a sentence she heard a few times already, but it was obvious that this time it had a totally different meaning. That one kiss managed to ruing everything and she could only feel guilty about it.