Chapter 11

Kim was completely unaware of his older brother's plan and to be honest, he didn't even care. The following morning he was in the living room of his private apartment in the manor, when he heard someone knocking on the door. He told them to enter and smiled a little as he saw his nephew walk inside the room.

He politely greeted the young architect and asked him what he could do for him. Venice didn't really know how to put it at first, but he eventually asked his uncle if Kim could hire his maid, since he thought that they couldn't work together anymore.

Needless to say, Kim quickly realized that there was something more, that his dear nephew was hiding something from him, however, as he noticed that Venice tended to feel much more uncomfortable whenever he tried to approach the topic, Kim cut short the conversation:

"Don't worry, Venice, I will talk to Pete and see what I can do. You're right, I'm looking for a new maid after all and if you don't need yours, I don't see why I should hire a new one and let a valuable worker of the family without a wage."

Venice thanked his uncle for his kindness and left immediately after he noticed Kinn walk to the couch and sit while sighing irritated. He greeted both of his uncles and left the room. Kim looked at his brother silently for a while, observing as he poured some whiskey in a glass that was on the coffee table in front of the couch.

"I can't believe it..." Kinn murmured.

Kim asked him what was bothering him, he had a quite neutral tone but it changed pretty rapidly as Kinn told him the story of how his perfect plan ended with a stolen painting and their reputation about to get even worse.

"I'm the head of the family, I'm involved in all the businesses of the family, you should have informed me of your stupid plan! How dare you do this to your brother!" Kim shouted.

"Only because our father chose you as his successor doesn't mean that..."

"Exactly because our father chose me as his successor, you don't have the right to question my authority! You should have told me that you were planning that! Perhaps I would have agreed with you and now we would handle the consequences, but Khun Kinn only knows how to work alone, right?!" Kim interrupted.

Porchay was in the next room and heard him shouting, it was the first time he heard his lover that angry and it was difficult for him to understand why he cared so much about authority. He thought that Kim was angry because, unlike his father, he let his brothers work much more freely but he also wanted no more secrets in the family, since last time they had secret, a lot of people died.

"Calm down, Kim, I will handle this, I will catch the thief and..."

"You won't do anything! I will handle this myself, I trusted you, but apparently it was just a mistake. I want you to call Arm and ask if the security cameras were operating that night, I want all the records of the night, I can't work just with the simple description you made of the person you saw. What are you waiting for, hurry up!"

Porchay was wrong, that wasn't the only reason why Kim was so angry. There was a folder missing from the archive of the family, and Kim knew that he had to find it as soon as possible, maybe even destroy it if necessary.