Chapter 17

Rain eventually reached the abandoned building as his brother was supposed to. He looked for the portrait inside the car and after he found it inside a luggage, he picked it and went to the first floor. Rain walked to a window that was close to the street, so that he could see if Kim was coming or not.

For a whole hour he didn't see anyone, he was so bored that he almost fell asleep on the hard concrete. After a few more minutes though, he heard some engines approaching, he looked outside and recognized two cars parking right in front of the building.

Kim finally arrived, he saw Rain in the distance and silently walked to him, followed by a few relatives and some bodyguards for his safety. At first Rain didn't say anything, he just looked at them with the snobbish attitude of his dear brother.

"I know that I'm pretty, but I guess that you don't want to spend the rest of the day staring at me, am I right, khun Kim?" Rain asked.

"To be honest, I cannot comment your last statement, N... my husband would certainly kill me if I say that I agree with you. Anyway, you're right, I don't want to spend the rest of the day looking at you. You have already received your payment, so leave the painting on the floor." Kim replied.

"Are you telling me that you will just let me leave after I put the portrait on the floor?" Rain asked with a smirk. That snobbish expression faded for a second as he recognized Venice among the crowd of people behind Kim, he noticed the disappointed face of the man he loved and it hurt terribly. However... show must go on.

Kim walked closer to him, standing just one meter from him, he sighed and smirked again, then he raised his head a little bit and replied:

"Let me see if I can understand what is going on in that mind of yours: you think that since you disrespected my family and ruined our reputation, I will kill you, possibly after torturing you for a few days just to have some high quality entertainment, am I right?"

"Isn't that true?" Rain asked daringly.

"Well... no. I don't usually like torturing people, I'm not Vegas. N., I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that you're probably one of the greatest thief of our time. It would be a terrible waste to kill you. I'm aware that capturing you would be a great boost for my brother's security company but I know you would never accept it..." Kim started.

"I don't have the whole day for your monologue, can we get straight to the point? I've already escaped once and I can do it again. You can't even threaten me since I care about nobody, so what are you going to do?" Rain interrupted him.

Kim smiled, he came even closer, he put a piano string around Rain's neck and pressed lightly, then he whispered in his ear:

"You look like N. You have the painting, you talk like him... then why do I feel like you aren't him?"

"Y... you had... you had an off.... Offer..." Rain managed to say.

"It is for N., not for Rain..." Kim replied.

"We are the same person..." Rain added.

"There is only one way to check..."