Chapter 7

Venice and Rain were on their way back to the minor family's mansion. Rain was silent, his posture was completely unnatural and it was rather obvious that he wasn't feeling at ease. Venice surely wasn't insensitive, he felt like it was just his fault if his new assistant was feeling that way so he decided to switch off his laptop, put it back inside the briefcase and talk to Rain since they were still inside the car.

"Rain, usually I'm not so strict with my coworkers, however you were a little too unfocused today and I had to make clear that you were taking this job seriously enough" Venice said.

"I understand, it was my fault" Rain responded and looked back outside the car window. Venice sighed a little, feeling like that answer wasn't good enough. He had to try again.

"What kind of food do you like?" Venice asked.

"What do you mean, Khun Venice?" Rain responded with another question, he was pretty confused by the behavior of his boss, he seemed so strict with him while they were with the client but now he seemed a totally different person.

"What kind of food do you like? I would like to take you to a restaurant as an apology, it is almost time for your lunch break after all. So, what is your preference? Thai or foreign? Japanese? Korean or..."

"I would like to go to a Korean restaurant... if it is fine for you Khun Venice" Rain replied a little more excited and less afraid of his boss's reaction. Venice smiled at him and tilted his head to the side unintentionally. He told the driver the name of the restaurant and the man changed the direction accordingly.

Soon after that, the car stopped in front of a nice restaurant. While getting off the car, Rain continued to think about a possible reason that could explain Venice's behavior. Why was he so kind to him? Did he actually want something bad from him? Was he a bad person who managed to hide his dark side?

They walked to a table and started reading the menu. Rain was quicker than his boss, he only had to read a few names before choosing. The waiter, noticing that, went to write down their order.

"Manduguk, it's been a while since I've eaten them... what about you Khun Venice?" Rain said after handing the menu to the waiter. Venice gave one last rapid look and eventually decided:

"I'll take the same thing"

The waiter took Venice's menu and left.

"Do you like the dumplings too, khun Venice?" Rain asked.

"I actually had no idea what I was ordering, I just thought that since you chose it then it had to be good" Venice replied.

"I... I thought you knew the place, you knew the name of this restaurant, you told that to the driver" Rain said confused, he felt attacked on a strange territory this time, it was almost feeling like his boss was trying to hit on him, which was absolutely unlikely and didn't make sense at all.

"That's true. I knew that there was this restaurant but I've never got the opportunity to come here. This is my first time. If it isn't delicious I will consider you directly responsible" Venice responded chuckling at the end.