Chapter 8

Rain went back home with a what he felt like a dumb smile on his face. He reached the front door and walked inside the flat, he switched on the light and gasped as he saw his brother on the sofa. Rain got himself back together and tried to turn back to a much more neutral tone.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Noeul asked smirking.

"N... nothing..." Rain responded and walked to the bathroom to wash his hands, Noeul knew that there was something his brother was trying to hide, so he followed him and put his chin on his brother's shoulder.

"You know very well that you can't keep a secret away from me, you should act accordingly, so why don't you tell me what made you smile like that?" Noeul asked again, pouting this time.

"Fine, fine... there is no reason to act like that... my boss took me to a restaurant for lunch, he was kind of nice to me... Oh, right, I forgot to tell you that I got a job!" Rain said excited.

"Oh, I see, yeah... I've heard that Venice tends to be quite kind to people, especially if they are cute guys just like you, we should be grateful for this great gift nature gave us" Noeul remarked.

"Wait a minute, how do you know the name of my boss?"

"Because you got the job thanks to me" Noeul replied nonchalantly.

"I don't understand, how... just how? Wait..." Rain said, trying to figure out how his brother helped him with that job.

"That was quite simple, do you remember that his uncle owns a company for security during important events?"

"I didn't know it but continue..." Rain said.

"Well, I easily got inside Venice's laptop, I thought I could use it to leak some information for the auction but I didn't find anything" Noeul added.

"I don't see how this is related to my job offer"

"Give me a second! I checked his e-mail box and I found that he had sent e-mails to several young architect, I only had to copy and paste, then sent another e-mail to the other candidates to tell them that the appointment was deleted."

"So... that's why nobody else came to the interview... I still don't get why you did all this to help me get that job though, is it related to the security company?" Rain asked.

"Yes, but not only that. The Theerapanyakul family owns a large collection of interesting paintings and jewels, if a client asks me to pick something, I'm sure that you working there will make it a lot easier" Noeul replied.

"B... But don't you think about me? I may get arrested! Or worse!" Rain yelled at him.

"Don't overreact again, you know your brother too well to even think something like that. I'm N., I've been working for years and nobody caught me, they don't even know my face, my voice nor my sex, how are they supposed to suspect you?" Noeul responded.

"You're still putting me in a dangerous position..." Rain added.

"Don't worry, I won't steal anything if it isn't worthy enough. However, if you really need something that can make you sleep calmly, just let me tell you that I've already organized a plan, just in case things get a little too difficult to handle from here"