Chapter 16

Following Kim's orders, Arm led Rain to the car and started driving to the architect's house to drop him there, however, he couldn't stop thinking about how sick he was of that situation. He only wanted to go back home, take off his uncomfortable shoes and watch another romantic comedy with Pol. He made a faint smile as Rain got off the car and quickly drove away.

Rain rushed to his apartment and locked the door behind him. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, still scared after what happened at the mansion. As he calmed down, he looked around and noticed that all his most valuable objects were nowhere to be found. His heart started beating faster, maybe a thief managed to get there but was it plausible at that time of the day?

"Rain, hurry up, I have already taken all the important stuff, you have five minutes to check if I missed something, then you will leave" Noeul stated after walking to him.

"What? You did this? Why?" Rain asked in disbelief.

"I couldn't know that Kinn could see me. It is getting too dangerous and the interrogation was just the proof of this danger. I've already prepared two plane tickets and your new documents, you are moving to Korea with me, I will calmly make sure that your degree will be converted too, so that you can easily find a job too, we have to move now though..."

"Noeul stop!"

"What!?" Noeul shouted.

"They don't suspect me anymore and I don't want to leave..."

"Why?"

"Because... because..." Rain hesitated.

"It doesn't matter now. I will drop you at the airport and then I will give the painting back to the Theerapanyakuls." Noeul interrupted him.

"Where? How are you going to give it back to them?" Rain asked.

"I will put the item in an abandoned building near a hospital, it will be fast, don't worry, ok?" Noeul replied.

Rain didn't have much of a choice, he didn't want to admit to his brother, who was already risking a lot, that he didn't want to leave because he was in love with Venice. At the same time, he felt the urge to do something, he wanted to help him somehow, he just didn't know what he could do for Noeul. He went downstairs and got onto his brother's car.

Noeul started driving, he was silent the whole time. After several minutes, Rain turned to his brother and asked him which hospital he was referring to, Noeul responded, thinking that Rain wanted to know more about the location so that he could calculate the time needed to get from the airport to the location and back.

A moment later, Rain asked his brother: "Can we stop at that shop? I'm hungry... I haven't eaten anything..."

Noeul nodded and stopped in the parking lot of the shop. He told his brother to wait there and Noeul walked inside the shop to buy a snack. He chose something from the shelves, paid the cashier and then walked back outside, his eyes widened as he realized that the car wasn't there.