Chapter 12

Rain didn't come to work that morning, his boss told him the previous evening that he was going to meet his uncle in the morning and that he could come to work in the afternoon. In the afternoon, Rain reached the minor family's mansion and waited near the front door to be welcomed by the butler. The old man arrived, he greeted Rain as usual and started walking in front of him, to take the young architect to the office of his boss.

On his way, Rain noticed that there was a strange atmosphere in that house. In the living room, Vegas was talking to Pete. The latter was quite confused since he saw that Vegas looked way happier than usual, so he asked him what was making him feel so good that morning. Rain remained there to hear the rest of the conversation, when he felt something touching his shoulder.

"Wait a minute, I'm curious" Rain said instinctively, however that thin and soft hand touched him away. This time, Rain turned to see who was bothering him while he was so busy overhearing such interesting gossip. He gasped and looked back down as he recognized Venice's face, just so close to him, almost as he wanted to kiss him.

"I'm quite certain that my parents wouldn't like to discover that my assistant overhears their conversations. Let's get upstairs, we have a lot of work to do" Venice said before Rain could say anything.

Another day passed and at the end of it, he finally managed to discover the topic of that conversation as he heard a maid talking about it. A portrait got stolen in the house of the major family. Rain was getting nervous. He had no proof that his brother was involved in that crime, but he didn't feel like he could easily ignore that possibility.

On his way back home, Rain thought about how he had to act. He thought that his brother wasn't going to tell him the truth, probably fearing that any information could put Rain in danger. The other problem was that if his brother didn't steal anything, he wouldn't have the necessity to tell Rain that it wasn't his fault. Rain got on his bed, he pulled the blankets over his body and started shivering. When he woke up the next morning, he realized he had a fever, and decided to stay at home.

Rain took his phone and texted his boss that he couldn't come that day because he felt too sick to work. Venice didn't pay too much attention about it, he was a little disappointed that his new assistant had to take a day off so soon, however he knew that he couldn't do much about it and ignored it.

Venice wasn't the only one to receive that message though. Noeul wasn't exactly sure that Kinn didn't see his face and had to prepare a plan to protect his brother. He decided to link Rain's phone to his own one since it was the easiest thing to do at that moment. He read the message Rain sent to Venice and fear started oppressing his heart.