Chapter 12

Tuesday, one more day until the ball, and I'm working hard as ever to finish my lessons early. Then I can finally finish my few chapters that I'm reading. Then after that, relaxation.

Tomorrow is Wednesday, so that means my lessons aren't on which is good since I get to see mother and see fathers moment.

I can't keep this secret long or it might have to spill out of my mouth. Thought writing on a diary helped, but didn't help enough.

I'm wishing to go back to my school like it was before, mother died. Because then I get to go home early as school finishes at 2:30pm and my lessons at 3:30pm.

After boring lessons and lessons, my work has finally paid off. I worked so hard that my tutor let me go an hour early.

7pm, after dinner an I rushed to my room, locked the door, lie down on my comfy seat and read.

A breeze hit me.

"I guess its mother again." I told myself. Normally when I'm busy doing something, mother leaves me alone, doing my own thing. But now she had the audacity to come into my room, checking ad I'm reading the best bit of my chapter.

"What is it mother?" I asked urgently.

"Just checking how your doing." Mother replied

I grinned at her, then turns my head down to the pages.

Mother hugged me, dropping my book and started tearing. "You have grown and worked hard so much, I'm so proud of you Alice."

I hugged her back in agony when my book fell out of my lap and lost the pages.

After a short hug, I look at mother with an annoyed face.

"Mother! My book! The pages are lost! I was on the best bit!" I shouted.

Mother looked down on the floor, laughing.

"Sorry darling, you know, books are kind of getting my way to be with you." She said, making a point.

I felt guilty about that, and apologised to her sincerely.

"No worries darling, we all make mistakes. Plus, this is your life. You can do whatever you want unless it's in the circumstances. And, you kind do have the audacity to do stuff as I'm dead."

I laughed and we talked for a while.

This shows me how much I missed her. A year and a half gone without her, and I couldn't bare it. The thought of losing her forever was pain in the guts.

"Mother?" I asked.

Mother's attention was on me.

"How will we see each other tomorrow if there is a ball? I asked with curiosity.

"We can see each other in the back rooms, that is when the right moment for your father to see me, and spill out the secret." Mother explained.

"But why would father go to the back rooms?" I asked, again impatiently.

"Maybe to get some stuff for the ball probably, that's something he does to get ready."

"Oh." I said with understanding eyes.

"This is the time Alice, this is the time..." replied Mother as she hugged me and kissed me on the forehead again, like she always does now.

"Bye mother." I said in happiness.

🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳🌳
This is the end of Chapter 12. If there are any mistakes, please let me know!

Please follow and comment as I work hard in these books!

I hope you enjoyed this book and yes, it's a bit of a long chapter. Thank you!!