Jaemin was used to Donghyuck talking about Mark because he 'hated' the older. It was something he did everyday and Jaemin could not help but zone out between conversations about it. He is bored and tired of it really because everyday was the same exact thing. Mark and Donghyuck have something going on with each other, but they want to define it as hatred.

But Jaemin knows all too well, that it can not just be hatred for one another. This has been going on since forever so there is no way it is purely hatred anymore. There had to be something more to it.

"Jaemin are you even listening to me right now?!" Donghyuck yelled to catch the younger's attention.

"Hmm? Yeah, you hate Mark's guts and he pissed you off today and all that great stuff," Jaemin said nonchalantly, dismissing the situation with a flick of his wrist. "Do you even know why Mark hates you?"

Donghyuck looked at Jaemin up and down with a disgusted looked, "How should I know? This has been going on since elementary school."

"I'm just asking. There's no need to get all defensive," Jaemin spoke and immediate threatened the older. "So don't make me hit you."

Donghyuck's demeanor instantly changed as he smirked and lowered his eyes seductively while biting his lip, "Has Hyuckie been a bad boy? Please spank me daddy."

Jaemin stood up to whack Donghyuck in the back of the head harshly which made the older wince and rub his head with a pout. "You fucker, that hurt!"

"Now is not the time, Donghyuck! Have you ever tried to ask Mark why he hates you?" Jaemin exclaimed with reason as Donghyuck sat there thinking to himself before shaking his head.

"Not to my recollection. No I have not," Donghyuck answered. "I don't want to ask him anyway. I hate him too so technically, we're even."

"Yeah, but you hate him because he bullied you. You don't know the reason as to why he bullied you in the first place. So why don't you just ask him?" Jaemin questioned as Donghyuck shook his head rapidly.

"Hell no! I don't want to talk to that guy or even be near him," Donghyuck sassed as Jaemin mentally face palmed himself.

"Alright, alright," Jaemin calmed him down as he thought to himself, "Kind of ironic since they basically live next to each other."

The two sat in the booth talking about other stuff as they ordered coffee and some lunch. Jaemin and Donghyuck had been best friends since high school. Jaemin had just moved to the city freshman year of high school and had asked Donghyuck where some of his classes were. Right then and there, they exchanged numbers.

At that time, Donghyuck was slowly gaining confidence, especially when it came to fighting against being bullied by Mark. Jaemin and Donghyuck instantly clicked and became close with each other. They would always hang out together at each other's houses to chat.

One day, Donghyuck was comfortable enough to share what was going on with his bullying situation because Jaemin had mentioned that Mark had been constantly taunting him.

Donghyuck only told him that it had been going on for a very long time and that he will no longer tolerate it anymore. Jaemin supported Donghyuck and helped the older gain more confidence and sass to get back at Mark.

They have been inseparable ever since.

Though now, Jaemin regrets teaching Donghyuck these things because now the older does not hold back his tongue in any situation, especially when they would argue over stupid shit. So to say the least, it bit him in the ass. But he is proud of how far Donghyuck had come.

"There's a party this Friday that we should go to," Jaemin mentioned. "Maybe it can destress your mind from thinking about work and Mark."

Donghyuck thought for a minute with a finger on his chin to test Jaemin, "I don't know. I have to study for my Accounting exam that's on Monday."

"Come on~ we always do things you want to do together," Jaemin pouted as Donghyuck scoffed.

"You only wanna go because there is a chance that Jeno and Renjun would be there," Donghyuck concluded as Jaemin's face turned red at the mention of his crushes names.

"So what's your point?" Jaemin sassed while crossing his arms.

"My point is...that we are going," Donghyuck smirked as Jaemin smirked too, both of them giving knowing looks to one another that this party is going to change a lot of things for them.

Donghyuck and Jaemin loved going to parties. It was their way of destressing for the week as they would hook up with random people for the night. Donghyuck was very studios and he was someone who studied and worked until he dropped to keep his mind from wandering and overthinking about things in the past that he has went through.

As much as Donghyuck sometimes would rather sit a party out to study for his class according to his major, he would not do so because he loved them too much. He would be able to distract his mind even more than when he would study because he would be intoxicated and too busy being dicked down from some upperclassman that hit on him for the night.

He was not proud of it to be completely honest, but he has not found a healthy way to cope with anything just yet so for now, this is how things will be until then.

And this was only the beginning because Donghyuck was in for quite the rude awakening due to something he never would have expected to happen at all in his many years of existence in this horrible world.

————————————tbc———————————-