Epilogue [Edited]

Začít od začátku

Initially I was doing exactly that but then curiosity got the best out of me and once the senior doctors had completely evacuated the room, I prowled through some personal stuffs to learn more about the biological reasons for the death. And that was when I found Myung Dae's real post-mortem report. There it clearly said that the death was caused by hemlock poisoning. But I distinctly remembered the mention of some sort of prolonged ailment in the death certificate. The contradicting reports confused me severely and I got alarmed and contacted Yoongi immediately.

But later that night I came to know that Myung Dae's death certificate was forged and the one to do that was my dad himself. Apparently, he was offered a large sum of money by someone for the job and my dad succumbed to the greed..."

Daejung paused for a moment to take a sip of his tea that had already lost its warmth from sitting through the entire ordeal. Gloom was evident on his face. Clearly he wasn't very proud of his family history, if anything, he was remorseful. Even though he had nothing to do with what happened two years ago, he still considered himself guilty for he's the perpetrator's son and no matter how much he tried, he couldn't just extinguish the love he had for his dad.

"That was the night when my father dropped down from my sight. The respect I had for him turned into disdain and I confronted the old man but I was too late for his greed had already made him forget all about his doctor's oath. Sang Ook's manipulation led him to choose money over integrity and eventually, he got punished by death itself..."

The stability in Daejung's voice started to falter and a drop of tear rolled down his cheek, marking the beginning of the damp avalanche that was yet to flow. Y/N though had already let loose the dam of her own agony.

"Dad couldn't see through Sang Ook's deception. The sick bastard killed my father the very next day and made his death look like a car crash and the reward my father was promised, well, he never received that.

Dad's one wrong decision remained as a nasty stain on our lives and I couldn't bring myself to contact Yoongi anymore. A part of me wanted to come clean to your family but he was still my father and I didn't want to jeopardize the respect he had earned through his years of medical practice. I hated him so bad for what he did but at the same time, I didn't. I wanted to think of him as nothing but a selfish murderer but the voice of him calling to me with love kept ringing in my ears and I couldn't just get myself to let the childhood memories go. No matter what he did, he was my father and I still loved him. And that's why I spent the last two years drowning in indecision and guilt, not knowing what I did was right or utterly wrong..."

Three pairs of eyes all brimming with tears now that Daejung was done with his confession. Y/N was crying vigorously and so was Daejung. To think about it, their stories were not very different. Even though the circumstances were unlike, both had suffered the pain of losing a loved one and both had suffered enough. Now was the time to give back the pain to the one that deserved it the most.