Chapter 38

The Duke's coat pocket was stretched open, and a round, fluffy head emerged.

A little cutie suddenly appeared.

Tu Mianmian exposed half of his small head, and carefully looked left and right.

His eyes were big and round, and the way he was poking his little head out looked too cute.

Everyone took a deep breath involuntarily.

Someone in the conference room couldn't help but blurt out: "F**k!"

"..." Sivir, who was speaking on the stage, paused.

The Duke raised his eyes to look at the person who suddenly made a sound, called out his name accurately, and said indifferently, "Do you have an opinion?"

The named officer froze.

Everyone in the conference room felt a chill creeping up upon them.

Tu Mianmian was sensitive and keenly aware of the murderous aura in the room, so with a 'whoosh' he shrank back and very obediently laid in the Duke's pocket, pretending to be dead.

"No, no..." The officer apologized quickly as he broke out in cold sweat, "Your Grace, it's me who lost my demeanor. I'm very sorry."

Different from the gentle appearance shown in front of Tu Mianmian, Sivir in the military was fierce and decisive, paying great attention to military discipline.

Many people feared the power belonging to His Grace, the Duke.

Having offended the Duke, the officer was naturally nervous.

"Ah." Sivir stared at the officer for a moment, then nodded slightly, indicating that he was done with him.

Sivir wasn't unaware of the movement in his pocket.

Presumably, everyone who became distracted in the conference room and the mistake made by the officer had something to do with Mianmian Rabbit in his pocket.

When Sivir's hand fell to his side again, he bent his fingers and tapped the bulging mass in his pocket.

His fingers hit Mianmian Rabbit's fleshy bottom, as if to tell his little husband to take it easy and that he'll be free and fine to move soon.

Then, the Duke began to narrate the battle report again.

He didn't show it on his face, but in his actions, one could see the determination of the Duke to end his speech quickly.

The subsequent speech was simplified a lot by Sivir, and everything was concisely reported with the battle losses and the distribution of military exploits stated one by one.

Tu Mianmian, lying quietly in Sivir's pocket, pricked up his ears and listened, but found that he still didn't understand anything.

Lying in Sivir's pocket bored, he stretched out his front paws and rubbed the fur on his cheeks with his paw pads, and then stayed still.

After a while, Mianmian Rabbit, who was in a daze, started to crawl out of the pocket again.

If you do it once, you'll do it again.

This time, Tu Mianmian escaped from prison very skillfully.

He started to crawl out lightly and cautiously, trying not to disturb the Duke as much as possible.

When he was about to climb out of the pocket, Mianmian Rabbit stopped.

He felt it keenly, the feeling of a scorching gaze stuck on him, so he listened again, but he didn't hear any strange movement outside, so he continued to climb out with confidence.