Chapter 37

The Duke gave a very cold look, and everyone became silent.

Sivir's eyes were freezing as he looked around.

The soldiers who were caught by his gaze were all frozen stiff.

They felt like they were in a big deal of trouble.

"Stand at attention." The Duke said indifferently.

The soldiers surrounding the Duke suddenly separated like the Red Sea, and stood against the wall to form two uniform lines.

They stood there, solemn and silent.

That's how these rowdy soldiers finally showed a little more discipline.

Sivir walked through the middle, and when the soles of his boots hit the ground, there was only a slight noise.

Tu Mianmian laid on top of the Duke's head and turned his head to look at the neat appearance of the soldiers next to him, his small eyes full of admiration.

Suddenly, he met eyes with a soldier.

A flash of light flashed in the soldier's eyes.

He stared at Tu Mianmian tightly, full of desire to suck plush.

Tu Mianmian immediately turned his head back away and faced everyone with his butt.

Sivir walked a short distance forward and stopped in front of his office.

He glanced sideways, and saw that the soldiers who lined up in two columns were still honest, then withdrew his gaze, and with Mianmian Rabbit on his head he opened the door and entered his exclusive office.

The door closed, and the figures of the Duke and Mianmian Rabbit disappeared before everyone's eyes, and the stagnant, icy atmosphere in the wide corridor melted away.

Everyone's tense nerves slowly relaxed, and while they were relieved, they were also full of questions.

—Is it too late to ask, why was His Grace so angry all of a sudden?

"Don't you want to lend us the little cutie to play with?" Someone scratched his head, staring at the closed office door of the Duke, eager to see through it.

"Right?" Someone wailed, "His Grace is so stingy!"

"Don't talk nonsense. Be careful, His Grace has shark-like senses."

"Bah, it isn't your fluffy plush. What face are you saying it with that it's stingy or not?"

"That's right! If I had a fluffy plush creature like that, I wouldn't lend it to someone to play with."

"Oh, don't take it so seriously. I was just joking."

Next to the commander's office, the door of a small office suddenly opened.

Yuri came out of the adjutant's office and glanced at the soldiers.

He frowned and said, "Don't be making a fuss."

Yuri heard what happened in the corridor just now from behind his office door.

Thinking of his own rude remarks before, and looking at these people, I couldn't help but have complicated feelings.

Still want to touch the little cutie of His Grace?

Huh.

Unexpectedly, these guys were more unafraid of death than him. Really fearless.

"Hey, Yuri." A soldier hooked Yuri's shoulder, leaned over and asked, "Why did His Grace suddenly keep such a small animal? I feel like that isn't His Grace's usual style."